Old coach Road...?

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Tramp

Old coach Road...?

Post by Tramp »

Okay... Is this doable on a xt660z solo with panniers etc.... With tkc front and mitas e07 plus rear at sensible scenic speeds... I'm planning a very long condensed ride late Sept... Lol.
minkyhead

Re: Old coach Road...?

Post by minkyhead »

meaning the lakes coach road to ulleswater ..... ? if so yes at the moment its in good repair ,,it has changed severel time in the last few years with some pretty spectacular erosion ruts from the floods ..but repairs have been done and its doable on a big bike for sure

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Ey that's the one.... Is there a better way to do it to take in the views? I'm more a downhill guy than uphill climbs lol....

Seen your old vids too... Can't be worse than the strata florid lol...

Was also going to do Salter fell on way up, haven't been up the Bowland area for years... Used to live in Preston...
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

My advice would be to travel from Dockray towards Keswick on an adventure bike but since the repairs it should be possible in either direction.

If you want a GPX route then look on ViewRanger under Dockray for a route that I published a few years ago. There are others too from the Penrith area.

TTFN

Hugh.
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

Me and my eldest did it that way on F8GSs several years ago, certainly before any repairs, and by feck was the going tuff :shock:

Distinctly remember chatting to a 4x4 driver and his girlfriend as we made our way up - the car was at a jaunty 35+ dgree angle, with 1 set of wheels in a rut and the others on the top of the bank :roll:

Enjoy yer ride Tramp :D , I'm hoping to be down that way next month, if all the planets align :roll:

Steve T

8-)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
bowber

Post by bowber »

Currently you could do it on just about anything with a reasonable ground clearance, the Keswick end is a little rocky but nothing major.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”