My submarine isn't yellow

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
bill_qaz

My submarine isn't yellow

Post by bill_qaz »

Honda in river.pdf
(499.78 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
dibbs

Re: My submarine isn't yellow

Post by dibbs »

:o Wow! what a story, what can you say its a Honda!!! do you know if the bike is still running today Bill? especially liked the bit about the air box being full of gravel!!! and I guess the water at least was clean ish!!! if dropped in a muddy swamp the outcome might not have been the same.....
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

dibbs wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:56 am :o Wow! what a story, what can you say its a Honda!!! do you know if the bike is still running today Bill? especially liked the bit about the air box being full of gravel!!! and I guess the water at least was clean ish!!! if dropped in a muddy swamp the outcome might not have been the same.....
What a story. Must have been really scary. I did a stream crossing once, during flood conditions. Bloody stupid thing to do. The bike literally plunged down and all I could see was my handlebars. I gunned it hard and the bike consumed one last airbox full of air to just about get me up the other bank, before it conked and I had to empty all the water out of it etc. Got it running an hour later. Of course there was a nice little bridge a few yards along I could have taken, but that would be far too sensible.

Have you ever watched this vid? Horrible.

Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

That man should pit the lottery on wow lucky
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

🇩🇪 🇧🇪 🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇫🇷 🇮🇲 🇱🇺
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

dibbs wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:56 am :o Wow! what a story, what can you say its a Honda!!! do you know if the bike is still running today Bill? especially liked the bit about the air box being full of gravel!!! and I guess the water at least was clean ish!!! if dropped in a muddy swamp the outcome might not have been the same.....
Not only still running but I still own it. Picture from ABR rally last year, it still loves water :lol:
20190926_100655.jpg
20190926_100655.jpg (145.01 KiB) Viewed 2950 times
bowber

Post by bowber »

Nice one, I've no idea why but I hate river crossings and I've done some proper deep ones, luckily I've not drowned my bike yet.
The worst was at the ford on the Ribblehead end of the cam road many years ago, MTX125, I started crossing and the water came up to the seat, too late so I had to carry on and managed to splutter out of the other side, took a minute or so for it to clear out again but I didn't want to stop it.
The rest chickened out and used the foot bridge.

Steve
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Watch this guy on the climb back up, lucky escape
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

The strata Florida can be pretty hairy when the river levels are up especially if you are riding alone , I'm going to do it on my Pampera next time , easy to pick up :D
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

in the South Hams going back across a ford--a bit too far to the right this time. We did get it going but milky oil required a recovery--properly flushed out it was fine.
south hams ford 1 001.jpg
south hams ford 1 001.jpg (69.82 KiB) Viewed 2866 times
https://www.adventurebikerider.com/foru ... 505c9b0267
Attachments
South Hams ford 2 001.jpg
South Hams ford 2 001.jpg (67.6 KiB) Viewed 2866 times

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”