New Lane, Broadway & Bulltor Lanes, Derbyshire.

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Hugh

New Lane, Broadway & Bulltor Lanes, Derbyshire.

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

Me yet again. We still need more user evidence of folk riding/driving the New Lane; Broadway and Bulltor Lanes in the area of Priestcliffe, Taddington.

I know that it might not seem important to some but to keep these routes legally open we really do need your evidence to support our claims for motorised vehicular use.

It will not take you long to complete the forms, which are attached below. There are two maps, please highlight your route and add any annotations of special features that you may have noticed or remember. You will need a separate UEF for each claim.

Do you know 'older' riders who might have used these route particularly between 1984 and 2004, if so then please ask them to complete the forms and maps. Even if you only started to use them after 2004 you could still submit your use. Perhaps you know folk who came to the Peak District as visitors, get in touch with them and explain the need for their support? Just incase there is any misconception you do not need to be a resident of Derbyshire, only to have used the routes.

You don't need to worry about attending the Public Inquiry (date extended and yet to be re-arranged) as the PDVUG & GLASS Team will do that on your behalf.

[email protected]

TTFN

Hugh.
22540 consultation.pdf
(903.92 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
dmmo-user-evidence-form.pdf
(100.93 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Bull Tor Consultation Map.pdf
(334.73 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
boboneleg

Re: New Lane, Broadway & Bulltor Lanes, Derbyshire.

Post by boboneleg »

Hugh, I'm sure you remember Dave Giles, is he still around ? If he is I'm sure he would have ridden those lanes between 1984 - 2004
one-legged adventurer
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings Bob, yes I am proud to say that David is a friend and excellent source of knowledge. He has semi retired from front line rights of way issues but still keeps in touch with the PDVUG & GLASS team.

The PIs can be most unpleasant with the manner of questioning from a certain quarter although I have learnt to keep myself calm and not take their snide remarks to heart.

Many of the 'senior' riders have lost interest, are no longer in contact or sadly even passed on. Over recent years we have lost a few. Manchester 17 members who like me rode these lanes back in the 70s. I'm still riding and I don't plan to give up these lanes without a damned good fight. I rode/ride them without conflict and I want them kept open for other people to enjoy.

TTFN

Hugh.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

It's a shame that some of the older riders were sidelined by the new brooms in one organisation that I can think of.
They at least held a lot of knowledge and evidence of routes that were used prior to NERC.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings all,

Lockdown is driving (sorry for the pun) us all a bit stair crazy looking for things to do. Well, perhaps you might not have yet completed your user evidence for the lanes still currently under threat :idea:

'Covid' is preventing formal meetings such as Public Inquiries into route classifications but I have no doubt that as soon as possible we will be drawn into the fight again. Our Team has been reviewing our (your) evidence packs and we think it would be beneficial to have more to prove our collective use, especially for the twenty years from the 1980s. Earlier and/or later is fine but it does not fit in to the requirements of the specification required by the Inspector.

Please, if you or somebody you know had used the lanes around Taddington, particularly New Lane and/or Broadway and Bulltor Lanes, then would you contact our coordinating team at;

[email protected]

These routes were used by motorcycle clubs for run outs and part of reliability navigation trials, might you have old route cards or articles? We need your input to keep these routes open for all users, they are wide enough for safe flow of users to pass each other, have a good ground base and views that are superb, so thank you to those who have already been in contact :D

TTFN

Hugh.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings, I have been very interested in following an enquiry on another motorcycle website regarding guidance on how to find routes around the Peak District. It really is a mine field and so easy for any of us to make an error.

It is with this in mind that as soon as possible after we get the all clear from covid restrictions that PDVUG/GLASS Derbyshire will be holding another 'Open Day' at which we will be pleased to show those interested how best to try and find their way around the subject of using online facilities such as TW2 and the systems offered by the Authorities. I will Post up more details as soon as possible.

In the meantime do please send us your User Evidence for the Priestcliffe, Taddington, New Lane, plus Broadway and Bull Tor Lanes to;

[email protected]

TTFN

Hugh.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”