Brecon Beacons trail riders

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Brecon Beacons trail riders

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Watch out...she's got a new vehicle.

Paul_C

Re: Brecon Beacons trail riders

Post by Paul_C »

"I've done a little bit of off roading in it..."
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

Climate Emergency Virtue Signaling , does about 20 miles on its batteries the rest of the time its 2.4 Petrol Engine is lugging 2 tonnes of 4 wheel drive doing low 20s mpg.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

..and who pays for these arseholes to flounce around in posh wheels telling us to get orf OUR land?...you guessed it
Its a trick............get an Axe
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

The Elite consider it their mission to warn the pheasants to live like Cavemen or pay massive amounts in tax for comfort and convenience whilst they travel first class to join the morons in Extinction Rebellion, or take a private jet to grab a photo opportunity with Greta.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Note her use of phrases like "I like MY mitsubishi..blah blah"

It's not hers, just like the land is not hers, but these people have a mindset of ownership of what should be public property, all part of the big serfdom con of the UK, protection of the wealthy-defence of privilage-fuck the poor they are just around to serve and pay for these cnuts
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Judith is gonna GET you .. you naughty biker off roaders :D

That trailer is fer YOUR bike .. to be towed away and crushed :lol:

Welcome to Wales 8-) 8-) 8-)
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Gary, long long ago in a land far away (well quite near really) I was confronted by a copper who jumped out of the nearby motorway verge and flagged me down as I was riding my super-dupa c90 on some wasteland in Llanrumney, he quickly became frustrated that I neither stopped nor buggered orf so being an obviously enterprising (and violent) sort of copper he picked up a handy discarded empty flagon bottle and waiting for my next lap promptly lobbed it me...he missed..i nearly fell off laughing.
I wondered what would have happened if it had actually hit me on my un-helmeted Bonce, I suppose he could just claim I fell off and hit it on a rock

...aah the memories of youth :D
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Pint Master wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:29 am Climate Emergency Virtue Signaling , does about 20 miles on its batteries the rest of the time its 2.4 Petrol Engine is lugging 2 tonnes of 4 wheel drive doing low 20s mpg.
A mate of mine had one as a company car (for tax reasons). On a long journey, it used more fuel than my old petrol car did...and I got there quicker.

You are quite right...20 miles on electric, then it's just a car with a big petrol engine lugging a heavy battery pack and electric motor along, and drinking fuel accordingly.

But, to be fair, it's ideal for the average journey made by an expensive SUV...drop the kids off at school, drive around Waitrose looking for a double-parking space, not finding one, then going home.

A mate in the 'fleet car' business said that quite a lot of those plug-in hybrids were coming back after 3 years of use with the charge leads still in the sealed bag from the factory...the drivers never bothered to pug them in. when you think about it, why would they charge up at home at their expense when they could fill up with petrol on the company fuel card?
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Asgard wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:20 pm Gary, long long ago in a land far away (well quite near really) I was confronted by a copper who jumped out of the nearby motorway verge and flagged me down as I was riding my super-dupa c90 on some wasteland in Llanrumney, he quickly became frustrated that I neither stopped nor buggered orf so being an obviously enterprising (and violent) sort of copper he picked up a handy discarded empty flagon bottle and waiting for my next lap promptly lobbed it me...he missed..i nearly fell off laughing.
I wondered what would have happened if it had actually hit me on my un-helmeted Bonce, I suppose he could just claim I fell off and hit it on a rock

...aah the memories of youth :D
South Wales Police have (or had) a nasty reputation .. I don't know what they are like now, but I recon they must have been the worst in the uk? .. no doubt others would know differently. I have come an undeserved cropper by their copper, a few times. Though that is in the past, hopefully. :?

I been stopped by BBNPA wardens a few times, as have a few on this forum.
On the one occasion I just happened to be the first bike in a group of about 20 .. they had let me go first as I was so damn slow :lol: and they were letting me get ahead a bit.
I stopped because otherwise it would have been worse for the rest, evn though I knew he had no legal authority to stop me, as he was not a serving police officer on duty in full uniform.
His face was a picture when he saw the other guys coming over the brow …. and they were big nasty real rufty tufty biker types too.
After a few `pleasantries` at load volume, we all just buggered orf :lol: .. leaving him speachless.

The next time, my mate Paul stopped, (and me) as the `warden` was the military camp commandant ... wiv a BIG gun :lol:
He was great actually, and let us go without any holes in our illegal bodies :?

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”