TRF national mapping project

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Hugh

Re: TRF national mapping project

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Johny, the simple answer is that in the area it is common 'knowledge' that a small parcel of land was purchased on the Staffordshire side of Washgates.

So far I am not aware of anybody having been stopped for transgressing the TRO. It is my experience that the farming community in that area are not averse to sensible motorcycling per se but they are against use by 4X4 vehicles on that and two other nearby routes. However, it should be borne in mind that by the time that the TRO was introduced use by 4X4 had stopped. The route was partially blocked by large boulders and it is too narrow for the larger newer vehicles. I understand that GLASS had suggested to the PDNPA that an Order prohibiting 4X4 would be acceptable but that the route should remain open to motorcycles. Similar restrictions for seasonal and directional use have been submitted by GLASS and PDVUG on other routes too.

As many of you know I am closely involved regarding this route (and others in the Peak District) so I have seen the Official papers submitted.The route is legally used twice a year for organised historical trials events. Each event requires specific permission from the PDNPA and each is closely monitored by the PDNPA and the local anti-motorist groups.

Richard has already said if you want an official answer to your question then you will need to enquire of the 'alleged' landowner.

TTFN

Hugh.
Washgate photo 1925.jpg
Washgate photo 1925.jpg (164.28 KiB) Viewed 2712 times
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:57 am If you ask a TRF Group official, they may be able to tell you.

As said, I'm not a member andI don't know the full detail.
I have locally but nobody I know has access hence asking here as I thought there maybe someone who's had a look at it.
I am genuinely interested and am not looking to knock any organisations mapping projects.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Hugh wrote:Greetings,

Johny, the simple answer is that in the area it is common 'knowledge' that a small parcel of land was purchased on the Staffordshire side of Washgates.

So far I am not aware of anybody having been stopped for transgressing the TRO. It is my experience that the farming community in that area are not averse to sensible motorcycling per se but they are against use by 4X4 vehicles on that and two other nearby routes. However, it should be borne in mind that by the time that the TRO was introduced use by 4X4 had stopped. The route was partially blocked by large boulders and it is too narrow for the larger newer vehicles. I understand that GLASS had suggested to the PDNPA that an Order prohibiting 4X4 would be acceptable but that the route should remain open to motorcycles. Similar restrictions for seasonal and directional use have been submitted by GLASS and PDVUG on other routes too.

As many of you know I am closely involved regarding this route (and others in the Peak District) so I have seen the Official papers submitted.The route is legally used twice a year for organised historical trials events. Each event requires specific permission from the PDNPA and each is closely monitored by the PDNPA and the local anti-motorist groups.

Richard has already said if you want an official answer to your question then you will need to enquire of the 'alleged' landowner.

TTFN

Hugh.
Washgate photo 1925.jpg
Thanks Hugh for the update
So was the land purchased by TRF or the Trials Club (is it Man 17?)
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings Johnny,

I can definitely tell you that M17 has not purchased any land adjacent to Washgates so I guess that you will have to send a Private message of enquiry to the TRF Directors.

Mind I would n't hold my breath waiting for a reply even though they will know of this conversation and be expecting your letter :!:

TTFN

Hugh.
Stebbelaner

Post by Stebbelaner »

So presumably the TRF's logic is that any of their members can use Washgate lane from either end and claim if stopped that they are 'accessing their land' (whether or not they actually are or are just on a day's trail riding)?
Any TRF members on here to confirm?
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

All very interesting and worthy of a separate subject but has anyone seen/used the mapping project or at least know that it exists.
Are there any TRF members here that have seen it? PM me if you don't want to post here, I am genuinely interested.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I think a very select few are beta testing it.
That will never include me ;) :lol:
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

DavidS wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:11 am I think a very select few are beta testing it.

Presumably the select few who start every sentence with " yes Mario". :lol: :lol: :lol:
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Snaf MKII wrote:All very interesting and worthy of a separate subject but has anyone seen/used the mapping project or at least know that it exists.
Are there any TRF members here that have seen it? PM me if you don't want to post here, I am genuinely interested.
Yes I have seen a brief demo of it at a meeting
More to follow
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Only those in the inner rectum will know

Sorry Freudian slip, I meant sanctum

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”