SURVEY

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Hugh

Re: SURVEY

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Who ever said that democracy is dead in this great land of ours?

Ask carefully written questions and you should get the carefully required answer :o BBB = bull**it baffles brains :!:

TTFN

Hugh.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

2 Yams wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:38 am
This post jogged my memory and after a bit of searching I found this relating to the late Brian Thompson doing a report for government on US trail riding:-

In 1985, thanks to the Churchill Trust, Brian was sent on a fact-finding tour of the USA looking at the trail riding facilities that President Nixon had established by ordering the individual states to set up dedicated areas open to off-road vehicles. Sadly his report to Parliament on how we might make similar provision in this country came to nothing.

2 Yams

What a tower of political power BT was. I understand he can be credited with inventing the term Byway Open to All Traffic. I fear we will not see his like again.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

HoboBeemer wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:20 pm Increasing footfall whilst also maintaining and expanding the environment will be a tough one, as will having "Rangers" as currently their is a massive black hole in Policing, not to mention the Police exodus that is happening right now. Fairly certain that will take precedence. Unless they somehow give Rangers the powers to be able to issue on the spot PCN's to people that do not follow the Bylaws making them Ranger/PCSO's?, that way they will be source of income and certainly somewhere I would have zero interest in visiting as I am not a ATM machine for local authorities...

Also making comparisons to the USA is simply silly, people in the US tend to be far more easier going, never have I come across the "get orff my land types" that are behind every tree here regardless if you are legally allowed to be there plus they have how many more square miles of land compared to our tiny over crowded island?, you can ride off road for days in the South West US and never see anyone..

Personally unless they have a land reform that gives access similar to Scotland I see little changing, people are coming from all over the world to drive the NC500, this has meant valuable income for local businesses.
You can, I'm told, be enjoying a quiet cuppa in a well-known cafe on the edge of the Brecon Beacons National Park when you will be interrupted by a spittle-flecked goon from the NPA accompanied by a Rupert from the local army base who will demand to see the soles of your boots and then, if they are muddy, accuse you of 'illegal off-roading'.

However much Government funding for the MoD and NP has been cut, it clearly hasn't been cut enough.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

"..interrupted by a spittle-flecked goon from the NPA accompanied by a Rupert from the local army base.." ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I take it that this lot are NOT the National Parks but a friends bunch with their own (dodgy) agenda.
The South Downs NP work well with Sussex TRF and we get total exemption from winter TROs unless it’s following repairs, which is fair enough. They have really clamped down on 4x4 use in winter though with most byways closed to them.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

nope .. its the national parks rangers .. and the military training bods …. who drag a pcso along to legitimise their harassment of innocent little bikers who only want to rip up their precious trails and ride over unexploded ordinance :lol: :lol: .. but who let rally cars do far more damage across their military training roads when permission is granted, as just recently. .. not to mention bombing shit out of our beautiful welsh countryside

hey hate and despise bikers with a vengeance .. probably because it represents freedom within their strict military control .. and dominance of our land. .. bikes are difficult to catch too.

there is plenty of legal stuff too .. though the best has been shut down.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”