Broadway and Bulltor Lanes, Derbyshire.

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Hugh

Broadway and Bulltor Lanes, Derbyshire.

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

I understand that a "flying motorcycle over a car" sign has prematurely been erected at the Brushfield end of Bulltor Lane. It would appear that DCC has got bit excited and in front of itself as the consultation period has not yet expired, or might it have been a Freudian slip :!: The local GLASS representative is aware and has probably contacted DCC by the time that you read this message.

May I repeat my original request for folks to write to DCC to OBJECT to their proposed downgrading of the route to Bridleway status, there are already a number of routes exclusively available to other user groups in the immediate area and this is the only one that we can use. The essential time frame for us is 1980's to 1999 but all objections are invited according to their Notice. Please also send a copy of your OBJECTION to;

[email protected]

TTFN

Hugh.
Broadway Bultor DMMO advert wide.jpg
Broadway Bultor DMMO advert wide.jpg (115.19 KiB) Viewed 7266 times
990Duck

Re: Broadway and Bulltor Lanes, Derbyshire.

Post by 990Duck »

I shall be lodging my objection to the down grading, as this is an excellent lane, not technnical, but ideal for big bikes and newbies.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Good news folks, another rider has come forward to give evidence from the 1980s. We still need more Broadway/ Bulltor Lane riders & drivers though. Those few that we have will assist but we seriously do need more of you.

Video to remind you of the route;

We ask that you email our team, who will send you a user evidence form to complete which can be sent back to us for correlation - then we will pass the forms on to DCC as a bundle. Before you write anything down please contact our dedicated help line and give them your contact details, then they will send you a form;

[email protected]

Another route that we urgently need your help with is that which runs from Back Lane, Conksbury, just north of Youlgreave. The route passes through the farm yard and field at Meadow Place Grange to finally exit across the ford and up the hill just below Over Haddon. The River Lathkill is the one that generally disappears down to a trickle in good weather summers. For this route we really just need some good evidence of folk simply using the lane, whatever the time period. The video shows the route to remind you of what we might lose;

Again, please initially contact our Team for a form and guidance; [email protected]

Thanks, your patience is appreciated.

TTFN

Hugh.

Ps Thanks to "Wiltshire Byways" for the excellent videos he has shared over the years.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

They really are on mission to close lanes in PDNPA
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

On these occasions to be fair it is not the PDNPA but the Highway Authority, DCC, which is processing the Orders.

Broadway & Bulltor are con-joined UCR lanes which have basically come about for DMMO purposes. They were applied for by a well meaning person/group back in the 80's and basically we need User Evidence from the 1980s through 1990s of unhindered use. This evidence will give us a chance to have the route classified prossibly as a BOAT. The user time frame is critical for this claim.

Lathkill dale Meadow Place Grange is a different and separate claim but is effectively in two parts; claiming the route simply crossing the river as a road and the upper section probably as a BOAT. The two are need to make a through route or the river crossing would simply become a cul de sac. We think that we can use much later current use for this upper section so more recent converts to trail riding this is where you can help.

These routes are so easy to ride that I used to ride them even on my road bikes and I'm no expert rider off tarmac :lol:

If you (collectively speaking) or somebody that you know have used or are currently using either or all of these routes then please asap contact the PDVUG/GLASS coordinating team at;

[email protected]

TTFN

Hugh.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,
We.jpg
We.jpg (42.66 KiB) Viewed 6973 times
TTFN

Hugh.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

A quick thank you to all those who have already sent us their completed User Evidence Form and map.

Our numbers are impressive but we could benefit from a few more especially from those who used the route during the 1980s, plus any up to 2004. You could have been a rider or passenger or even travelled in a car or 4X4 vehicle.

Part of the problem is that DEFRA has discarded its previous Guidance to Inspectors so there is no real quantitive figure to show presumed dedication by use. Yes, we do have proof of such use but extra numbers would certainly assist to prove one of our points.

Please complete the two attached forms and send them direct to our coordinator team; [email protected]

TTFN

Hugh.
dmmo-user-evidence-form.pdf
(101.06 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
Bull Tor Consultation Map copy.pdf
(334.73 KiB) Downloaded 216 times

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”