Hereford Hospice Trail 2019

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
jasext

Re: Hereford Hospice Trail 2019

Post by jasext »

Asgard wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:08 pm I am shit at explaining stuff, but show me a picture of your GS/ktm-v twin halfway up motel Hill and I'll buy you a pint :D

That is not a legal lane so the trf will not use it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

............. :lol:
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

jasext wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:58 pm
Asgard wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:08 pm I am shit at explaining stuff, but show me a picture of your GS/ktm-v twin halfway up motel Hill and I'll buy you a pint :D

Hahaha so free pints all around
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

🇩🇪 🇧🇪 🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇫🇷 🇮🇲 🇱🇺
GraySWTRF

Post by GraySWTRF »

Great to see responses and appreciate those that offer support for our charitable event.
Real shame though to see your in house bickering on here.
Good thing is we don't have that bickering in our Hereford TRF group and the guys that have helped to put this together and make decisions on how it's run show the true spirit of the Trf.
Ordinary down to earth blokes they are, but the difference is they put the effort in to make the group better.Think on some of you.
One of those decisions was to just have enduro and trail bikes,and as we don't have any of our volunteer leaders riding an adventure bike, it was difficult to gauge a suitable route. Although the biggest so far entered is a ktm 690 and at a 150 kg approx he will find some of the lanes a struggle.
A major factor is the weather and we try hard to maintain minimum impact to the lanes.
If any of you would like to be led by me on your adventure bike through the Wye Valley or other lanes I will take you in other areas ,you would definitely not to able to get up or down some of the lanes due to the width and wieght of your machine.
We also decided it would be for the benefit of Trf members only.
Why ?
I have led thousands of rideouts over the years for members and none members and still continue to do so and that's how we encourage new members.
On a few of those rides I have had individuals that think it's a great idea to be popping wheelies down the High Street behind me amongst the group and revving up going through the farmyards.We don't want that Individual in our event and so members only it is,as we hope they have a better understanding of how to behave and ride safely within a group.
If anyone on here has put the effort in to organise an event you would also understand the paperwork behind the scenes that we also have to comply with and any additional changes involves more work for us.
This year we have a classic bike
trail bike group so things do change and we also take in participants feedback from previous years.
Three of us and me included in that, even sing a number for you all even though we can't !
Other comment made is why did I advertise our event on here ? Why shouldn't I ?
but some trf members don't do Facebook or trail which is thier choice,so we like any other bike riding group like to make those that still remain Trf members aware of what is going on.
Shame it upsets some of you that much that I wanted to promote our event.
Maybe you should take a deep breath and pause for a moment and have a look at a site called
"St Michaels Hospice".

Or if you prefer please feel free to delete my post admin and while your at it delete me off here as well and carry on with your bickering.
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

GraySWTRF wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:43 pm Or if you prefer please feel free to delete my post admin and while your at it delete me off here as well and carry on with your bickering.
Just read back through, just folk giving their opinion and experiences, there's no need to call it ' Bickering ' it's a forum that's what it's for no need to leave,
herman

Post by herman »

If by bickering you mean a different opinion to yours then you are better off posting on a medium where everyone is likely to agree with you. Unfortunately not all TRF groups were created equal so on a national forum you will get warts and all as regards experience, I got turned away locally too ironically for the opposite reason to Tim. The only thing in your second post I personally find annoying is the use of the charity card . Good luck with your event as they are oft a thankless task.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Teflon Jnr wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:21 pm
jasext wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:58 pm

Hahaha so free pints all around
I dunno Tef, but I thought Jasext was being sarcastic?, either way all I can say is that I've been up Motel Hill with a TRF group :lol:
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

GraySWTRF wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:43 pm Great to see responses and appreciate those that offer support for our charitable event.
Real shame though to see your in house bickering on here.

if any bickering has been done it has been by the TRF members

Good thing is we don't have that bickering in our Hereford TRF group and the guys that have helped to put this together and make decisions on how it's run show the true spirit of the Trf.
unfortunately true spirit of TRF varies too much from group to group. You need to sort your own hose out first and have a national standard regarding bike size and.their members
Ordinary down to earth blokes they are, but the difference is they put the effort in to make the group better.Think on some of you.
One of those decisions was to just have enduro and trail bikes,and as we don't have any of our volunteer leaders riding an adventure bike, it was difficult to gauge a suitable route. Although the biggest so far entered is a ktm 690 and at a 150 kg approx he will find some of the lanes a struggle.I personally have absolutely no problem with you restricting the cc and size of bikes. Whenever I organise a ride I state whether it is big bike suitable and what tyre requirements, I have also included on occasion rider ability ie experienced off road only
A major factor is the weather and we try hard to maintain minimum impact to the lanes.
If any of you would like to be led by me on your adventure bike through the Wye Valley or other lanes I will take you in other areas ,you would definitely not to able to get up or down some of the lanes due to the width and wieght of your machine.
We also decided it would be for the benefit of Trf members only.
Why ?
I have led thousands of rideouts over the years for members and none members and still continue to do so and that's how we encourage new members.
On a few of those rides I have had individuals that think it's a great idea to be popping wheelies down the High Street behind me amongst the group and revving up going through the farmyards.
if you have people misbehaving on rides then that is a reflection on you, as ride leader it is upto you in the pre ride briefing to make it it clear of what you expect from the ride. It does bring into question your ability to lead a and organize a rideWe don't want that Individual in our event and so members only it is,as we hope they have a better understanding of how to behave and ride safely within a group.seems a rather disparaging remark towards ABR riders,
If anyone on here has put the effort in to organise an event you would also understand the paperwork behind the scenes that we also have to comply with and any additional changes involves more work for us.
This year we have a classic bike
trail bike group so things do change and we also take in participants feedback from previous years.
Three of us and me included in that, even sing a number for you all even though we can't !what exactly are you trying too say here
Other comment made is why did I advertise our event on here ? Why shouldn't I ? simply this is the ABR forum not the TRF forum, if it was an open Rideout and all including non TRF members were welcome, then absolutely no problem
but some trf members don't do Facebook or trail which is thier choice,so we like any other bike riding group like to make those that still remain Trf members aware of what is going on.That is a problem for the individual to sort out for themselves, one of the requirements when joining the TRF is to provide an email, perhaps future events that are only for TRF member perhaps a blanket email to your members
Shame it upsets some of you that much that I wanted to promote our event.
Maybe you should take a deep breath and pause for a moment and have a look at a site called
"St Michaels Hospice".Shame on you for now trying to garner extra sympathy by playing the charity card. If you had bothered to organise this properly and made it open to all, you would of had a lot more support and interest and raised a lot more money. Just take a look at Wiltshire TRF and the annual bakery run. Think that raised over £30000 this year(stand to be corrected on exacted final total

Or if you prefer please feel free to delete my post admin and while your at it delete me off here as well and carry on with your bickering.
if you wish to take your ball and go, then doso with more dignity
All in sadly the TRF does not have many friends non this site, the TRF and it's problems have been discussed on a few threads over the years, andfar to many of us have been knocked back by the TRF for one reason or another.
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

Just to bring it back on topic, it's a TRF weekend, posted on here for any TRF members who wouldn't normally see it advertised on other media platforms.

Good luck with your event, looks great on the clip, love that part of the country.

Let's not turn it into another thread about the TRF, but at least your thread is top of the first page, always a silver lining and all that.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”