Peak District National Park Authority - refuse a run to support Yorkshire Air Ambulance!

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Hugh

Peak District National Park Authority - refuse a run to support Yorkshire Air Ambulance!

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

I am posting a copy of an article from the West Yorkshire Lane Riders who need your help.

" It relates to the fact that the PDNPA have been so uncooperative in our request to use 3 lanes that they imposed a TRO on. They could, if they wanted to, allow us to use these lanes on the day. But they've said no. So, we want the media to pick up on their lack of cooperation towards a charity event. Can you please copy & paste (or share) the below onto your own Facebook page. Can you then ask everyone in your friends list to copy & paste off your page, onto theirs. We want to spread the word wide & far. Let's make this work! Thank you for your help. LET’S SHOW THE WORLD WHAT THE PDNPA ARE REALLY LIKE! PDNPA refuse legal motorcyclists access for charity. You would think that the Peak District National Park Authority would be willing to assist with a charity event!. Not so! Please read on!

Previously, PDNPA has imposed a number of traffic restriction orders to further reduce the limited number of legal routes used by motorcycle trail riders.
On the 8th of September 2018 West Yorkshire Lane Riders, a legal and law abiding riding group, will meet up as part of their fund-raising for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance which benefited at their last event by over £14,000. In order to attract more riders to the event the leader of the group Adam Winston approached PDNPA to request lifting of the restriction for the one day of the event on 3 of the 6 lanes now closed. Peak Park Authority refused. Leader of WYLR and head of fundraising Adam said “at first PDNPA denied they had the power to overturn their own Traffic Restriction orders which I later found to be incorrect once I found their own paperwork online. Following my appeal they still turned down the request in spite of their own evidence being shown to them “.

The good news is that their unwillingness to help with this charity fund raiser will not stop the event from going ahead. It may however reduce the number of riders, and therefore the money raised for the charity. The additional positive side for local businesses is the report of local guest houses being booked up for that weekend along with the cafés, fuel stations and other businesses braced for a busy and much welcomed increase in trade for the event.

Whether you like motorcycles or not, this is for a charity that may benefit you or a loved one, one day by saving lives and helping people quickly to hospital. Please give your support — with Dave Macauley."

The current projected route has been kept away from sensitive areas, it uses UCRs, BOATs and tarmac and should be passable for most adventure bikes so that even more folk can support the fund raising.

TTFN

Hugh.
YAA.jpg
YAA.jpg (45.42 KiB) Viewed 3733 times
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Peak District National Park Authority - refuse a run to support Yorkshire Air Ambulance!

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

PDNPA don't want helicopters disturbing the tranquility: they might frighten Mrs Stubbs' old mare!
DavidS

Re: Peak District National Park Authority - refuse a run to support Yorkshire Air Ambulance!

Post by DavidS »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:14 pm PDNPA don't want helicopters disturbing the tranquility: they might frighten Mrs Stubbs', THE SILLY old mare!
Corrected for you. :D
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

Do you remember this documentary from on few years ago partly covering The Chirpit Lane Guardians with their Hi Viz and Whistles.
[media]
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Ladies and gentlemen,

:lol: ; but if I may, just to keep you on track and away from personalities, those who would like to support this great voluntary action by making a donation and/or ride can register through the Trail Riders Association website;

https://trailriders.org/event-3023134

I look forward to meeting many of you on the day as all being well I shall be one of the run leaders.

TTFN

Hugh.
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

If you really want to raise cash for air ambulance then organise an actual "run" ie trail running. I do them and they are very well attended normally and have about 700 runners is various classes. :D
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

redbikejohn wrote:If you really want to raise cash for air ambulance then organise an actual "run" ie trail running. I do them and they are very well attended normally and have about 700 runners is various classes. :D
No noisy or smelly motorbikes either Image
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

I can't see the point of this really - yes I get the point of raising cash for Air Ambulance - but it's not even their county one
Additionally asking PDNPA to open 3 closed lanes for the day is like poking a hornet's nest with a stick
Did you expect them to agree?
I have seen their 'mass rides' in the Dales and it goes against the small groups ethos

With money we don't have

Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

johnnyboxer wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:48 am I can't see the point of this really - yes I get the point of raising cash for Air Ambulance - but it's not even their county one
Additionally asking PDNPA to open 3 closed lanes for the day is like poking a hornet's nest with a stick
I have seen their 'mass rides' in the Dales and it goes against the small groups ethos

I hear there is a new Baking Series about to start, perhaps you could support that, if this raises £14,0000 then it wants supporting and if it upsets a few Mrs Stubbs and PDNPA then thats a bonus, these people couldn't be anymore against us than they are so we have nothing to lose %uck Them.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Pint Master wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:13 am
johnnyboxer wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:48 am I can't see the point of this really - yes I get the point of raising cash for Air Ambulance - but it's not even their county one

I hear there is a new Baking Series about to start, perhaps you could support that, if this raises £14,0000 then it wants supporting and if it upsets a few Mrs Stubbs and PDNPA then thats a bonus, these people couldn't be anymore against us than they are so we have nothing to lose %uck Them.
Who mentioned baking?

Getting PDNPA to re-open 3 closed lanes for a day, so that bikes can use them

Not a snowballs chance in hell :mrgreen:

Plus it undo's all the hard work the National TRF do to keep lanes open

With money we don't have

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”