Jacobs Ladder, Stoney Middleton, potential TRO.

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Jacobs Ladder, Stoney Middleton, potential TRO.

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

My opinion was the TRF did a better job when it combined resources with other user groups in the Peak District to present a common front.

Our combined resources meant that attention was at least drawn to abuses of power such as the current farce.

The approach now seems to be to step back and let other groups fight our cause...then blame them when the cause is lost. Meanwhile, the TRF seems to be reinventing itself as an organiser of 'pay to ride' events.

When the time comes, as it will, when there is an offer for commercial access at certain times of year for organised events for members being traded off against our public rights of way, I wonder which way the current management of the TRF will jump?

What price will be put on our rights?
Cone

Post by Cone »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:00 pm
The approach now seems to be to step back and let other groups fight our cause...then blame them when the cause is lost. Meanwhile, the TRF seems to be reinventing itself as an organiser of 'pay to ride' events.
Don’t forget that your only welcome if your bike is a 400 or smaller. I could happily join and pay up, but I see no benefit in it may as well spend 50 quid on bling for the bike.

The way I see it it’s only a matter of time before it’s all illegal. Luckily I can then just get some supermoto wheels for my bike and turn it into a hooligan machine
Richard Simpson Mark II

The next step is to start closing tarmac lanes

https://www.cnp.org.uk/blog/shackles-ne ... ate-change

Note who wrote this...
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,
Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:00 pm What price will be put on our rights?
In answer to your question I would suggest that our rights as "recreational motorists" do not count in the great scheme of Councillor McCloy and his chums within the National Parks. He talks of the introduction of "National Park congestion charges, low emission zones or the seasonal closure of minor road networks to visitors in honeypot sites at peak times". Seemingly forgetting that the average motorists' parking fees and spending monies which currently pay for the maintenance of the National Parks. What he and his privileged chums seem to be saying is let's keep these nice places for the preserve of those few who can afford to purchase properties in these areas and charge others to come and look at our world.

Quietly he seemingly forgets that folk like us probably use less petrol for a total visit than his chosen ramblers and wealthier residents. It is clear from his involvement with the PDNPA Audit Resources & Performance Committee that given the slightest opportunity he would, at a single stroke, close all of the BOATs and UCR routes to access for motorists. I foresee a similar situation for e-bikes riders and probably ordinary mountain bikers too.

ALL folk need the right to access the National Parks, yes I agree that some restrictions are necessary but those restrictions need to be proportional. According to DCC figures there are 9,670 rights of way, of which 8,953 are footpaths 87.5%; 602 bridleways 10.8%; 86 restricted byways 1.2%; 29 BOATS 0.5% (at least 4 of which are subject to permanent vehicular TRO, and at least a similar number are Cul de Sacs) thereby reducing the number to around 21. There are 5,155 Km of collected access but only 0.5% of these are open to motorised vehicles. It is stated that in addition there are 234Km of unsealed UCRs but that figure is under threat of diminishing as DMMO applications progress plus BOATs continue to be closed. I have my own figures which are different to those quoted for our access, plus we are to loose at least 2 more UCRs plus yet another BOAT within the PDNP soon.

Blood pressure creeping up so rant over for today.

TTFN

Hugh.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Were I still involved with the TRF, I would suggest that they use that little tract against him.

But I'm not, and I suspect it would be a waste of my time anyway.

No doubt a chosen few will be riding there when it's all closed to the rest of us...a 'police training exercise' perhaps?
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

this `climate change` scam is really taking off now .. all sorts are using it for their devious ends.
The climate has always changed and always will .. it was warmer in romano-british times, then colder to a mini ice age, and of course, just 12000 years ago we had the real thing.

have you noticed how the bbc are now using different `hot` colours for the normal weather forecast?

mind.. it could backfire with the school kids demonstrating ...they will know how to demonstrate in the future on real economic and social issues.

back to the parks (if you can afford it)
`Elitism`, now …. where it was `for all` before.
for the few not the many.

Britain is certainly changing ... but the change back will come, ... or perhaps not?
Pint Master

Post by Pint Master »

You'll be accused of being akin to a Holocaust Denier if you don't tow to Global Warming sorry Climate Change Propaganda.
Richard Simpson Mark II

It's interesting that McCloy thinks banning motors from the Peak District will have an impact on the symptoms of global warming in the park. You wonder if he understands the meaning of 'global'.

Ironically, his predecessor's last 'real' job was working for British Coal. Now, there's an organisation with a carbon footprint (bootprint) if ever there was one!

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

What a future we have to look forward to: UN Agenda 21 and all. I'm glad I'm old; I don't think I could stand being forcibly confined to a bedsit and fed a ration of synthetic food every week so the world can 'enjoy' unlimited human population growth.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:15 pm The next step is to start closing tarmac lanes

https://www.cnp.org.uk/blog/shackles-ne ... ate-change

Note who wrote this...

About 10 years ago or so, I was telling the local press in the area that PDNPA's next step would be to close public tarmac roads...this was branded alarmist rubbish by the Authority.
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

I'm not in denial about climate change/global warming, the scientific evidence for it is massive (there are of course opposing studies by American scientists that just happen to be in the employ of oil companies)
How much is due to us Humans is hugely debatable, but to believe we aren't destroying the planet on multiple fronts is IMHO ludicrous.

But closing off Parks to vehicles is obviously in chocolate teapot territory a pointless bit of willy waving, but exactly the sort of behavior to be expected from narrow minded little hypocrites who spend their time driving around in big pickups, exercising the only power they have in their sad little Ranger lives
Its a trick............get an Axe

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”