Trail info elan valley.

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Redmurty

Re: Trail info elan valley.

Post by Redmurty »

Mad Hatter wrote:Yeah the dommie can be a lardy old girl in the mud, or up hills, or down hills, or on the flat :lol: nah its a very good bike but the extra effort needed takes away from why I trail ride slightly hence the smaller lighter Dr.

I'm going the weekend of the 5th and 6th of august I think, I'll be going straight from work on the Friday night though so I'll probably miss the morning on the Saturday trying to get some sleep, or drink my bodyweight in red bull :whistle: get in touch with Molly though and ask if there's any spaces left or any other dates, he goes by rally Moto on here, his email address is on the website which you'll find if you Google sweetlamb adventure rally bike academy (or words to that affect) or stick sweetlamb in the Facebook search and you'll find the page. Its well worth it I think, the complex is massive with a good mix of everything and Molly is a good teacher, did wonders for my riding in half a day before (thumbs) (btw I don't get paid to big him up all the time :woohoo: )
I've met Molly he needs no bigging up :laugh:

I'll have a look at the dates

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Redmurty wrote:
Mad Hatter wrote:Yeah the dommie can be a lardy old girl in the mud, or up hills, or down hills, or on the flat :lol: nah its a very good bike but the extra effort needed takes away from why I trail ride slightly hence the smaller lighter Dr.

I'm going the weekend of the 5th and 6th of august I think, I'll be going straight from work on the Friday night though so I'll probably miss the morning on the Saturday trying to get some sleep, or drink my bodyweight in red bull :whistle: get in touch with Molly though and ask if there's any spaces left or any other dates, he goes by rally Moto on here, his email address is on the website which you'll find if you Google sweetlamb adventure rally bike academy (or words to that affect) or stick sweetlamb in the Facebook search and you'll find the page. Its well worth it I think, the complex is massive with a good mix of everything and Molly is a good teacher, did wonders for my riding in half a day before (thumbs) (btw I don't get paid to big him up all the time :woohoo: )
I've met Molly he needs no bigging up :laugh:

I'll have a look at the dates

cheers Spud ;)
Fair enough then mate, just seems to be a habit I've gotten myself into somehow :laugh:
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

jim-500 wrote:We just moved house down to Machynlleth, been riding the trails around Rhayader/Nant-y-Moch for years. I'd be happy to show you some of the loops down that way in a few weeks if you like...I know some all day loops from the elan valley down to devils bridge, up to talybont, over to aberdyfi etc (thumbs)
I may take you up on that offer mate if your about, it would be mid week though.
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

The Monks Trod is a real challenge depending on time of year, right now you would probably make it on the Dommie but I wouldn't try it solo, it's a long night on the mountain waiting for help. Epic views and a huge assortment of trails to do at either end, Strata Florida for example. When it's been raining though ( about 355 Days of the year ) it gets really boggy, waste deep boggy so be careful (thumbs)
Sarge
Beta

Post by Beta »

Sorry to highjack the thread but whats the score with Claerwen reservoir.Cycled it a few times and noticed a sign at the end saying no vehicles but everytime trailbikes have gone straight through.want to do it on my Bonnie as part of a big easy loop.
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Beta wrote:Sorry to highjack the thread but whats the score with Claerwen reservoir.Cycled it a few times and noticed a sign at the end saying no vehicles but everytime trailbikes have gone straight through.want to do it on my Bonnie.
Not really a highjack that's a quest I was going to ask soon anyway, from what I can gather its a bit off an odd one/grey area
Beta

Post by Beta »

Done it as part of the Trans Cambrian Way mountain bike route,from knighton to Dovey jnct.such a shame that trip can't be done on a motorbike.
jim-500

Post by jim-500 »

Mad Hatter wrote:
jim-500 wrote:We just moved house down to Machynlleth, been riding the trails around Rhayader/Nant-y-Moch for years. I'd be happy to show you some of the loops down that way in a few weeks if you like...I know some all day loops from the elan valley down to devils bridge, up to talybont, over to aberdyfi etc (thumbs)
I may take you up on that offer mate if your about, it would be mid week though.
Let me know if you fancy it, I can probably sort some time off mid-week. Can pretty much ride offroad from Llandovery to the elan valley up to Llangurig, across to Talybont, up to Machynlleth and then up to Tywyn. Spread over 2-3 days...or whatever suits.
STRATARIDER

Post by STRATARIDER »

Beta wrote:Sorry to highjack the thread but whats the score with Claerwen reservoir.Cycled it a few times and noticed a sign at the end saying no vehicles but everytime trailbikes have gone straight through.want to do it on my Bonnie as part of a big easy loop.
I rode it a few weeks ago on my tenere, then i found this:

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread ... dfendigaid.

There was no sign of anyone else around.
Mike
Beta

Post by Beta »

That good info.I'll come back through that way from the coast before long then.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”