Derby Lane, Moneyash, Derbyshire.

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
Hugh

Derby Lane, Moneyash, Derbyshire.

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

Here is a copy of a Post that I put up on the TRF Forum.

"I have this morning received the attached file from the Public Inspectorate with reference to Derby Lane, Moneyash.

News in two parts, the upper section from Moneyash to the 'Beirut wall' is to be registered as a BOAT but regrettably we would appear to have lost the southern section as it is to be classified as a Restricted Byway.

From my reading of the reasoning an error on the DCC mapping system shows the route as partially being over the wrong side of the wall :huh:

Perhaps more UEFs in greater detail might have helped, a point which myself and another will have to agree to disagree upon.

Naturally we will have to give further consideration but with the threat of a full TRO being applied by the PDNPA it looks on the face of it that we shall eventually loose Derby Lane in the New Year. I am of course rather depressed by this announcement but still the fight goes on.

When/if the route becomes a Restricted Byway then I think that the Chatsworth Estate will have to remove their unsightly countryside sculpture to allow access for horse drawn carriages any way. Only money to them as they do n't really value the countryside in the same way as we do.

So, my view is to still be respectful and to go out and ride the lane, enjoy the views now whilst you can.

TTFN

Hugh."
Attachments
fps_u1050_7_100_interim_od.pdf
(616.69 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
Redmurty

Re: Derby Lane, Moneyash, Derbyshire.

Post by Redmurty »

sorry to hear that :(

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
gspod

Post by gspod »

Sad news.

Rode that lane a few weeks ago and hoping to do again this weekend. Soon there'll be nowhere left in the Peaks. Maybe time to move further north, or better still to France/Spain
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

gspod wrote:Sad news.

Rode that lane a few weeks ago and hoping to do again this weekend. Soon there'll be nowhere left in the Peaks. Maybe time to move further north, or better still to France/Spain
Yep, same as the fox hunters who actually want to ride after a fox, they have upped sticks and gone abroad where narrow minded folks are not dead set on banning "things and activities" they don't approve of...

Put any leisure pursuit into the "things and activities" box to suit... :(
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

feel a protest ride coming on, is it me being cynical or is there always a single rich person behind this who does not want us commoners on there land

steve
gspod

Post by gspod »

ollydog wrote:feel a protest ride coming on, is it me being cynical or is there always a single rich person behind this who does not want us commoners on there land

steve
I get the feeling (no hard evidence) it's a small minority of 'ramblers' and the 'Park Authority'.

I usually go out very early so the people I meet are locals - people on horses, walking their dogs, joggers, going to work etc... I have not had any negative respose from these people, there is always a hello and wave (I do ride with respect and turn off my bike for horses). I even get people holdig gates open for me sometimes as I do for them if I'm off my bike anyway.

I think the campaign by local businesses to highlight the income generated by middle aged trail riders is the way forward - money and jobs are very high on the list for anybody seeking office.

Unfortunately there are some wa##ers who hoon around on un-registered 2 strokes so it's a difficult case to argue :(
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings folks,

Today I received a communication from the PDNPA to confirm their imposition of a TRO on Derby Lane, Moneyash.

To be honest with you I am hardly surprised by the result despite our efforts. Two pronged attack really, PINS do not want to accept it as a BOAT and the PDNPA want us off it anyway, so complete Catch 22 position.

In response to those who might ask I can pre-empt and tell you that there are no alternative non tarmac routes for motorcyclists to use but as a rambler you could always walk Moneyash Footpaths 15; 18; 20 and 24. In the future you will also be able to walk the to become Restricted Byway which was Derby Lane!

If you took up caving you could use your motorcycle on Derby Lane, caving fits in with the mushroom syndrome of keeping you in the dark, you just need the bull s@@t :huh:

When one reads all of the paperwork it really makes one think how the PDNPA contradicts itself!

And for those of you who suffer with insomnia and would like to read the paperwork I attach the relevant three files.

TTFN

Hugh.
Attachments
DerbyLane-Reg14Notification-Organisations.pdf
(190.99 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
1702DerbyLane-Reg14DecisionNotice.pdf
(191.51 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
1702DerbyLane-NoticeofMaking.pdf
(54.12 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

i get down to the peaks very little

over the years i have always noticed how dam busy it can be in the summer i always believed it was overused ...too many groups
between the crowding and the blanket speed reductions both road and off road bikes have seen there options shrinking over the years

the lake district you would think would be afar more overcrowded propersition but it doesnt pan out that way in reality

wherea as north and west youkshire northand south wales it seems you can ride for days without seeing a soul

i believe the fundemental problem lies below and or that reason i think we will become extinct in the peaks national park

The Peak District National Park is the first of Britain’s 15 national parks as it was founded in 1951.
Area: 555 sq miles (1,438 sq km) in the centre of England.
It reaches into five counties: Derbyshire, Cheshire, Staffordshire, Yorkshire, Greater Manchester. It is the most accessible national park – close to Manchester, Sheffield, Derby, Nottingham.
Resident population: 38,000.
Visitors: more than 10 million visitors a year (one of the most popular national parks in the UK). It is NOT the second-most visited national park in the world after Mount Fuji – this is an error which has been widely-repeated on the internet, but it is not true.
An estimated 20 million people live within one hour’s journey of the Peak District. More than 50 million people live within four hours’ journey.
It has 1,600 miles of public rights of way (footpaths, bridleways and tracks) including 64 miles accessible to disabled people.
It has 65 miles of off-road dedicated cycling and walking trails and we own 34 miles of disused railways: High Peak Trail, Tissington Trail and Monsal Trail, with cycle-hire centres at Ashbourne, Parsley Hay, Derwent Valley and Middleton Top.

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”