SARN HELEN again

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
garyboy

Re: SARN HELEN again

Post by garyboy »

Don't forget that that section of sarn or rather, those sections of sarn helen, are designated as "restricted byeway " so it's up to YOU to prove it has 'vehicular rights '
I don't think that proof is consistent with ALL sections, otherwise this would've been sorted by now? ? ?
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

The more I read about the problems involved in riding Sarn Helen the more I have to question whether it's really worth the hassle? I hate giving in when I know I'm right and and that includes being allowed to ride on legal byways but I'd sooner take the easy option and ride somewhere where I'm not going to get the shit.

The major downside with that is once they've stopped everyone riding Sarn Helen they'll move onto another target but I'm not that bothered about the next generation because I've had 40 years of fighting against legislation of one sort or another so I'd sooner just ride my bike and avoid stress these days.
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Is it really worth the hassle?

Hell yes! From one to the other end (Lower Sarn (when seasonally open)-Middle Sarn- Upper Sarn is probably about 20-30 miles 'off-road'

The main reason I left the TRF? Sick of hearing about the Peak District whilst we are losing trails down here left and right and the TRF weren't bothered.
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

...where abouts on the Sarn is that river crossing with the rock steps? Is it on the bit that is open all year round or the bit that's in dispute?
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Scott_rider wrote:...where abouts on the Sarn is that river crossing with the rock steps? Is it on the bit that is open all year round or the bit that's in dispute?

The rocky steps river crossing are on 'Middle Sarn' which is open all year round (thumbs)
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Rode it again today ........brilliant sunshine ( although icy in parts) and no one about !!!!!!!!!

Sarge
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

:laugh:
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

The Sarge wrote:Rode it again today ........brilliant sunshine ( although icy in parts) and no one about !!!!!!!!!

Sarge
Ahhh, but did the Stealth-Cam catch you.....? :whistle:
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

SteveR wrote:
The Sarge wrote:Rode it again today ........brilliant sunshine ( although icy in parts) and no one about !!!!!!!!!

Sarge
Ahhh, but did the Stealth-Cam catch you.....? :whistle:
Steve, this Dyfed- Powys Polce were talking about not MI5, Sheep rustling, not wearing a tie in Chapel on Sunday's is about their limit !!!!

Sarge
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2016-11-0 ... s-forests/

you can't argue with that?
no number plate, riding forest, and given a s59 ... fair enough.

I don't know how this relates to sarn helen though?
but what is a worrying is the trailer :unsure:

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”