SARN HELEN again

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
garyboy

SARN HELEN again

Post by garyboy »

I have started a new thread on this

the BBNPA routinely exceed their authority by putting up illegal `no entry` signs and harassing and even prosecuting, wrongly, bike users on the boat and parts of the Sarn Helen trail, which has been used for many , many years by bikers and other motorised vehicles.

they get a local pco to accompany them and illegally stop riders and `warn` them and threaten to take their bikes off them. apparently this has now happened.

the TRF seem unable to fight this case, though the very good Robin Hickin did get a stay of execution, (bad choice of phrase). the TRF is willing to fight the case for any MEMBER `caught` there. and prosecuted.

(instead of s59 the bbnpa are now using `public nuisance`, it seems)
BBNPA = BRECON BEACONS NATIONAL PARKS AUTHORITY
Scott_rider

Re: SARN HELEN again

Post by Scott_rider »

It's a shame that someone will have to go to court to get the BNPA to see the error of their ways :( . A decent motoring lawyer would get a case like that thrown out quickly.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Did they actually get their bikes confiscated?
one-legged adventurer
WelshGar

Post by WelshGar »

I've heard that now the TRF will NOT support any rider 'caught' on Sarn!
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

^...I thought that if you are a paid-up member of the TRF and are prosecuted for riding on a legal byway that part of the membership gives you TRF representation at court. Or have I got that wrong?

(when I say prosecuted, I mean for illegal riding on land rather than riding like a twat).
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Calling Richard Simpson !!!!

I will be riding it this Sunday when I get home, they'll need to get up early to catch me :whistle:

Sarge
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

The Sarge wrote:Calling Richard Simpson !!!!

I will be riding it this Sunday when I get home, they'll need to get up early to catch me :whistle:

Sarge
Don't hold your breath, I believe Mr Simpson has had his card marked by the TRF's technical megalomaniac on this topic.

(Happy to be corrected if wrong.)
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Crossrutted wrote:
The Sarge wrote:Calling Richard Simpson !!!!

Sarge
Don't hold your breath, I believe Mr Simpson has had his card marked by the TRF's technical megalomaniac on this topic.

(Happy to be corrected if wrong.)

Whaaaat :pinch:

Feck it, I am riding Sarn whatever happens, I need a mountain, been by / in the sea for weeks !!
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

WelshGar wrote:I've heard that now the TRF will NOT support any rider 'caught' on Sarn!
Can someone explain to me again why I should give the TRF my money :huh:
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

WelshGar wrote:I've heard that now the TRF will NOT support any rider 'caught' on Sarn!
What!

If that is true it is a complete reversal of their previous stance that they will have one of their RoW legal experts defending any prosecution against any member legally riding Sarn ie not in breach of any motoring laws : road legal bikes being ridden in a responsible manner etc.

If this is the case then I fail to see any merit in paying the TRF subscription.

Where's Richard Simpson when you need him :whistle:

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”