SARN HELEN again

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
garyboy

Re: SARN HELEN again

Post by garyboy »

I read this today ..
//following some emails, I would not recommend using the Sarn at the moment//

I have not got any details.
STRATARIDER

Post by STRATARIDER »

I read a few years ago about the case being dropped against the members of the TRF when a group of riders on the Sarn were caught, but the others were prosecuted.

I then asked the question of the status of the sarn about 2 years ago on the old VDSR forum, and one of the replies stated that a person of high status in the TRF had evidence to show it was legal to ride, and he had this evidence on an USB stick, but he would not show this evidence at the time.

If this is true, and this evidence is available, then come on TRF, put OUR MONEY where YOUR MOUTH is, and get this sorted once and for all.

I thought that the membership money for joining the TRF would be a good insurance policy if i was stopped on the Sarn, But now i am not too sure...........
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

If a rider on a legal motorcycle, riding a legal lane, cannot be certain of TRF support if they are incorrectly prosecuted, what is the point of the TRF?

The prevarication of the TRF with regard to certain ROW issues is a constant mystery :unsure:
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Crossrutted wrote:If a rider on a legal motorcycle, riding a legal lane, cannot be certain of TRF support if they are incorrectly prosecuted, what is the point of the TRF?

The prevarication of the TRF with regard to certain ROW issues is a constant mystery :unsure:

Point is, if you are riding a legal motorcycle on a legal lane , you don't need to be a member of any organisation, precisely why I am not a TRF member (thumbs)
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

^...yes, but the point is that if you are still prosecuted the TRF would represent you in court to a higher standard than you or I would probably get from another legal source unless we paid a fortune to a top class brief.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Scott_rider wrote:^...yes, but the point is that if you are still prosecuted the TRF would represent you in court to a higher standard than you or I would probably get from another legal source unless we paid a fortune to a top class brief.
But would they represent you? There seems to be an element of doubt about that right now.

Part of me says why bother riding where you know there's a very good chance you'll end up in trouble but the larger part says if it's legal then why give up without a fight?
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

^...yes, for me, that was always one of the big advantages of joining the TRF but if there is now doubt that they will represent you then I think they have made a big mistake in trying to attract new members :( .
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Flyby

Post by Flyby »

Yes like I said before, if the TRF are not prepared to back it's members in a legitimate legal battle then what is the point of joining

However, claiming that you don't need representation if you're on a legal ride is ill informed
The trouble with NERC is that it turns our legal process on it's head, it is down to YOU to prove your innocence rather than being innocent until proven guilty
All they have to do is prove that you were riding on a restricted byway, it's up to you to prove that byway has vehicular rights

If you have 30 to 60 thousand pounds Sterling to defend yourself and can afford to throw that money down the drain then by all means go for it in court (no you can't claim your costs back if they drop the case part way through like they've done in the past), otherwise I'd bet you'll end up settling and taking up the rear for a far lesser penalty juts as others without representation had to do

In a nutshell, justice is only available to those who can afford it
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

yes ... this landbeacon country of true justice has quietly succumbed (is succumbing) to the ideology of big brother and the police state. you are guilty unless you can prove otherwise !! unless you can afford otherwise!1

.. anyway .. back to the Sarn .. (or perhaps not?)
what is more worrying to me is the change to the (possible) use of `public nuisance`.
.. with the old system you could pay £30 or wotever, and plead guilty to passing the [illegal] sign and say you wont do it again? (riding `offroad`) and possibly a 12 months s59.

now it may be.. crush first, ask questions later? I hope not.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

//Unfortunately my warning went ignored by a few and they are suffering for it // quote HP on warning to satay away from sarn last weekend? ?

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”