There’s an app for that!

Reports, meets and other stuff on how to trash the bike with a grin on your chops.
lukesey74

There’s an app for that!

Post by lukesey74 »

Well that’s what I’m hoping!
I’ve had Outdooractive app on my phone for awhile now and have mainly used it for hiking, well finding the car if I get lost anyway!
I know it can be used for green laning but I’m yet to figure out how to create a green lane route map on there.
I’d there an idiot proof green lane app available that anyone knows off??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
johnnyboxer

Re: There’s an app for that!

Post by johnnyboxer »

lukesey74 wrote:Well that’s what I’m hoping!
I’ve had Outdooractive app on my phone for awhile now and have mainly used it for hiking, well finding the car if I get lost anyway!
I know it can be used for green laning but I’m yet to figure out how to create a green lane route map on there.

There isn’t one for Green lanes specifically, unlike some of the MTB ones like Komoot and Trailforks

Join TRF
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
HarveyCamm

Post by HarveyCamm »

lukesey74 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:59 am Well that’s what I’m hoping!

Hiya
well Outdooractive and Viewranger are now merged so you've already got the app you need :-)

https://www.outdooractive.com/en/routeplanner.html

Cheers
Harvey
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I don't know if the TRF ever completed the green lanes on line project, or how accurate it is if they did, but it might be worth a look
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:06 am I don't know if the TRF ever completed the green lanes on line project, or how accurate it is if they did, but it might be worth a look
It's pretty much complete and as accurate as possible given the vagaries of local authority record keeping/ TRF group level man power in some regions. However it's not an app but an online movable map resource, no route planning or downloadable data, a kind of half way house between a marked paper map and a digital mapping resource.
chipy

Post by chipy »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:06 am I don't know if the TRF ever completed the green lanes on line project, or how accurate it is if they did, but it might be worth a look
Its not very accurate and not as good as trailwise was. It does not show if the marked lanes are BOATs or UCRs.
1980 rs100, 1986 DT50 mx, 1990 fj1200, 1998 zzr600, 2003 R1150r, 2007 G650Xcountry, 2012 Honda wave 110, 2014 Beta alp 4.0, 2014 Beta alp 200, 2020 xt1200z
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

chipy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:02 pm
Its not very accurate and not as good as trailwise was. It does not show if the marked lanes are BOATs or UCRs.
Do you mean Trailwise "is" https://www.trailwise2.co.uk/

I can't speak for areas that I don't know but the SW is very accurate and mostly up to date more so than Trailwise was the last time I looke. BOATS or UCR's does it matter if all you need to know is if you can ride them. I know the rights are slightly different but IMO they should be treated the same when you're riding them. IE respect other users.
I
chipy

Post by chipy »

Snaf MKII wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:10 pm
chipy wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:02 pm
Do you mean Trailwise "is" https://www.trailwise2.co.uk/

I can't speak for areas that I don't know but the SW is very accurate and mostly up to date more so than Trailwise was the last time I looke. BOATS or UCR's does it matter if all you need to know is if you can ride them. I know the rights are slightly different but IMO they should be treated the same when you're riding them. IE respect other users.
I
I did mean the original trailwise I have not been on the new version.
It makes a difference BOATs or UCRs if you are trying to find out about TROs or report problems as both are usually under different council departments
1980 rs100, 1986 DT50 mx, 1990 fj1200, 1998 zzr600, 2003 R1150r, 2007 G650Xcountry, 2012 Honda wave 110, 2014 Beta alp 4.0, 2014 Beta alp 200, 2020 xt1200z
lukesey74

Post by lukesey74 »

Boat, I know that one but ocr’s and tro’s ??

Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

OCR...actually UCR Unclassified County Road...I think they are called something else now, but were untarmaced roads, and the responsibility of the Highways Dept rather than the Rights of Way Dept, and on the List of Streets rather than the definitive map

TRO...Traffic Regulation Order. A legal order used to restrict or remove access to a highway or right of way. Typically signed with the 'no vehicles' sign of a car and a motorbike in a red circle. If it just shows a car, you are OK on a bike.

Return to “GREEN LANES, TRAILS and OFF-ROAD”