Open zip files on Android phone

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
Billy Bananahead

Open zip files on Android phone

Post by Billy Bananahead »

I've got a diagnostic program on my laptop for my Tiger 800 and i've sent a compressed zip file of it to my Google powered Android Nokia phone.
So that i don't have to cart my laptop out to my garage i would like to just use my phone to access the program.
What i need is an app from Google Play downloaded to my phone. Thing is i want an app that doesn't have any adverts at all.
Does anyone know of anything?
I've got another two phones that are a bit old but use Microsoft Windows, does anyone know of any advert free apps for those phones or am i doomed to using Google?
I bought a Bluetooth device the other day that plugs into the bikes 16 pin plug and it works better on the laptop than the old OBDII cables that i've got and so want to use it with my phone.
bill_qaz

Re: Open zip files on Android phone

Post by bill_qaz »

Can't you blue tooth the plug in direct to your phone
Billy Bananahead

I'm not that savvy with the stuff.
The program i've got is TigerTool and i've got two copies, one is a zip file which i've sent from my laptop to my phone and i just need something to open it. I could just carry on using my laptop, which is fine, just a bit clumsy in my garage.
Geekism ain't for me. :lol:
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Don't know what phone you have my Samsung I just click on the file and select extract, I didn't install an app so either the office thats on it or a Samsung bit does it.
Have you tried the help on your phone.
Billy Bananahead

I've tried extracting it but it says i haven't got an app to do that.
So i installed an app with a zillion adverts so got rid of that app, then installed one with no ads and that didn't work.
Not tried the help yet, doh!. :idea:
wks

Post by wks »

Hi, I might be barking up the wrong tree but is that the tiger tool 3.0 from the tiger forum. If it is I think that it only runs on a pc
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

wks wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:21 pm Hi, I might be barking up the wrong tree but is that the tiger tool 3.0 from the tiger forum. If it is I think that it only runs on a pc
That's what I was thinking, unless it's an Android app in which case you can either download it from Playstore if it's an approved app or from a third party. You need to change a setting in android to allow non approved apps.

Or you could unzip on your pc and send it to you phone opened.
Billy Bananahead

wks wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:21 pm Hi, I might be barking up the wrong tree but is that the tiger tool 3.0 from the tiger forum. If it is I think that it only runs on a pc
I think it's one of the early ones, not sure but i'll check, i've had it about 3 years so could be an early one.
Snaf MKII wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:18 am
That's what I was thinking, unless it's an Android app in which case you can either download it from Playstore if it's an approved app or from a third party. You need to change a setting in android to allow non approved apps.

Or you could unzip on your pc and send it to you phone opened.
I'll try that, thanks for the idea.
I've got a zipped version and an ordinary version and don't want to lose either from my pc because i voiced my opinion once too often on that stupid Tiger 800 forum and got banned for voicing my opinion. Wankers. :lol: oops :lol:
Billy Bananahead

Billy Bananahead wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:21 am
I think it's one of the early ones, not sure but i'll check, i've had it about 3 years so could be an early one.
Looking at it now on my laptop it's a 2015 version 2.
So that's 6 years old and i've had my Tiger since later 2013. Time flies.
wks

Post by wks »

Hi I don't think you will be able to open that file on your phone they are two different operating systems. I think the person that wrote the program was going to a look at making a app but have not read anymore

Return to “HOW TO..........”