Has anyone used one of these?

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
Brenhden

Re: Has anyone used one of these?

Post by Brenhden »

daveuprite wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:41 pm
chunky butt wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:38 pm Dave, there fecking dangerous, awesome device for mutilating everything it touches, but you won't be doing any fine wood carving g with it.
Yeah that's the impression I'm getting Steve. It's a bit 'medieval on your arse' isn't it ?

In fact I just found this vid, and if you skip to 22.39 you will see why I might not get one after all :lol:

Sh!t I thought they were going to clips of ruined projects! :shock:
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Yeah, gruesome vid. I don't think I've ever been dissuaded so persuasively...
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Sorry Dave, didn't mean to piss on your fireworks but been on site with someone who had one a few years back, and they do so much destruction it's un true. And feck orf dangerous, I do some stupid stuff with chain saws but would never have one of those. Get santa to bring you a nice set of chisels and get whittling :lol:
phil_h

Post by phil_h »

Gulp. I've had a few 'interesting grazes' (I've seen my patella !) but those are not nice.
However... if someone is stupid enough to think that something like that can ever be safe, then they are going to injure themselves on something else if its not that pile of sh1t.
Hopefully most people that buy one will then realise they really shouldnt use it !
2021 890 Adventure R
1982 R80 G/S with Siebenrock
2020 500 Excf Rally Bike
2020 500 Excf Trail Bike
1957 Velocette 500 Scrambler
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Get yourself a carving bar for chainsaw and get carving 👍
Dansin

Post by Dansin »

Flap discs are a much safer way to use a grinder to remove material from wood and metal
steve the grease

Post by steve the grease »

When I started my apprenticeship and we were introduced to the machine tools ( lathes , milling machines etc) the instructor told us " Right lads, these machines are designed to cut metal efficiently, they cut meat even better". These cutting disks remind me of that statement.
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

If you're planning on doing any sort of wood carving, you really should be using a chainsaw for the meat, changing the bar to a tip carving option to get it to the point where (unless you're a saw god) you're using sanders / hand tools. Anything where you're involving what's a whiry angle grinder in close contact to pinkies / face is always going to end in pain :shock:

My opinion as a professionally qualified chainsaw user with far too much experience is run away
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

My opinion as a Joiner on one of those blades is after use you’d be lucky to have enough fingers left to order five pints at the bar after :D :D
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Thanks everyone. Think I've got the message.

But despite that, I've decided to ignore all your excellent advice, buy four of them and to teach myself angle-grinder juggling.
It can't be that hard.

Return to “HOW TO..........”