Trans-Siberian railway

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
phil2378

Trans-Siberian railway

Post by phil2378 »

I am planning a trip to Mongolia via Russia and home through Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Moldova,Romania,Hungary,Slovakia and into poland.
Ok so my problem is, in order to shave some miles off I thought I could get on the train from Moscow to ullanbatar but I cannot find anything online to confirm you can actually take a motorbike on this train.
Has anyone done this or know of anything that may be of any help?

Any info is very much appreciated.

Cheers
Phil
:) :) ;)
Spike941

Re: Trans-Siberian railway

Post by Spike941 »

Didn’t Ewan and Charlie have that problem in Russia on their LWR. Vaguely remember them having to manhandle them in to a carriage on the QT.
Schoe000

Post by Schoe000 »

5 years ago, a small group of 7 of us got our bikes on the Tran-Siberian railway. Novosibirsk to Moscow. We just turned up and tried to get a ticket for the train, it was very difficult and at one point looked like we were not going to be able to do it, it very problematic. Once on the train it was a breeze can be done but was difficult.

It did depends a lot on how the station master was feeling, yes we were on, then he had a hissing fit and we were off, then someone suggested a sweetener some cash was paid to one of the porters and we were back on. Very risky all round.

Ps Expect your bike to be man handled and knocked about a bit.
giles

Post by giles »

Go to the Hubb website for info on anywhere around the world...
https://www.horizonsunlimited.com/

Return to “HOW TO..........”