Garmin Montana 680 routes

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
990Duck

Garmin Montana 680 routes

Post by 990Duck »

Yesterday me and a mate headed off to do a 90 odd mile route by Hugh Cleary I downloaded off View ranger ages ago. Loaded the gpx on the Montana and headed off, there was an initial problem with poor satalite reception, but that cleared. The ride was awesome, trial after trial, sun shine and hardly a rambler to be seen. But then half way round the route my satnav announce that was the end of the route when clearly we weren't. Luckerly my mate had the route on his BMW sat nav so we could continue.
Back home I checked the route on Basecamp and everything was ok, re loaded it to the gps and the same thing happened, only half the route appear.
If I convert it from route to track then load it I get the whole route.
Is there a setting I'm missing that limits route size or number of waypoints? If so where do I look?
zimtim

Re: Garmin Montana 680 routes

Post by zimtim »

Is this a help
https://adventurebikerider.com/forum/vi ... in#p638064

Follow the link.

I have never had any issues creating a track but have had issues with creating a route in that there have been to many way points.
Someone on this forum sent me a ,gpx file, when I loaded the Montana nearly spat the dummy, they had created a route when they should of created a track. I put it back into Basecamp then traced the route creating a track only way I could get it to work
990Duck

Re: Garmin Montana 680 routes

Post by 990Duck »

Thanks zimtim. Had a look at the link.
Think it is a case of to many way points, will have to split the route and see what happens.

Return to “HOW TO..........”