Question- how to install TopoLusitania?

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
diggermanbob
Posts: 1961
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:44 am
Has thanked: 583 times
Been thanked: 462 times

Re: Question- how to install TopoLusitania?

Post by diggermanbob » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:05 pm

Nico-D wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:58 pm
diggermanbob wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:32 pm
chunky butt wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:10 pm
Nico-D wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:03 pm
Sorry, didn't read your original question properly.

Not worked out yet how to install maps on the pc / Basecamp but a workaround is simply to clone the contents of your Montana onto a usb key or memory card which fools basecamp into thinking the actual unit is plugged in and you can access the maps that way. Not much of an advantage other than not having to fiddle around with a cable and Montana. It's straightforward , I've done this myself with a USB key, works with a sd card too.

https://forums.garmin.com/forum/mac-win ... mp/160255-
You Dee man Nick.......might need to speak to you soon regarding a small issue with my Montana... ;)
Is that small issue , Operator trouble :lol:
I suspect you're not too far from the truth there Bob .... :lol:

Steve, yes anytime mate. Maybe do a trade as I wouldn't mind a test ride on your TTR to see how they are on tarmac, I know they're great on dirt. Thinking of getting one as a TET bike if I don't manage to resurrect the DRZ, there's a few TTRs on leboncoin at moment.
Get one nick they are great little bikes 6speed so not bad on Tarmac ,

Adventure Bike Rider New Issue Out Now
Nico-D
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:52 am
Has thanked: 76 times
Been thanked: 249 times

Re: Question- how to install TopoLusitania?

Post by Nico-D » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:16 pm

diggermanbob wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:05 pm


Get one nick they are great little bikes 6speed so not bad on Tarmac ,
That's what I was thinking re the 6 speed box, it'd probably be better than the nasty close ratio 5 speeder on the DRZ.

diggermanbob
Posts: 1961
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:44 am
Has thanked: 583 times
Been thanked: 462 times

Re: Question- how to install TopoLusitania?

Post by diggermanbob » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:34 pm

Nico-D wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:16 pm
diggermanbob wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:05 pm


Get one nick they are great little bikes 6speed so not bad on Tarmac ,
That's what I was thinking re the 6 speed box, it'd probably be better than the nasty close ratio 5 speeder on the DRZ.
I've got a DRZ and the TTR gearbox is much better , the DRZ has obviously got more grunt but the TTR is no slouch and handles well off road , I'm very tempted to take mine on next long trip , it's also easier to pick up :D

User avatar
chunky butt
Posts: 1731
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:39 pm
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 555 times

Re: Question- how to install TopoLusitania?

Post by chunky butt » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:35 pm

diggermanbob wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:32 pm
chunky butt wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:10 pm
Nico-D wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:03 pm
Sorry, didn't read your original question properly.

Not worked out yet how to install maps on the pc / Basecamp but a workaround is simply to clone the contents of your Montana onto a usb key or memory card which fools basecamp into thinking the actual unit is plugged in and you can access the maps that way. Not much of an advantage other than not having to fiddle around with a cable and Montana. It's straightforward , I've done this myself with a USB key, works with a sd card too.

https://forums.garmin.com/forum/mac-win ... mp/160255-
You Dee man Nick.......might need to speak to you soon regarding a small issue with my Montana... ;)
Is that small issue , Operator trouble :lol:
Possibly.....ok ..yes, still puzzles me :lol:

User avatar
chunky butt
Posts: 1731
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:39 pm
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 555 times

Re: Question- how to install TopoLusitania?

Post by chunky butt » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:39 pm

Nico-D wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:58 pm
diggermanbob wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:32 pm
chunky butt wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:10 pm
Nico-D wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:03 pm
Sorry, didn't read your original question properly.

Not worked out yet how to install maps on the pc / Basecamp but a workaround is simply to clone the contents of your Montana onto a usb key or memory card which fools basecamp into thinking the actual unit is plugged in and you can access the maps that way. Not much of an advantage other than not having to fiddle around with a cable and Montana. It's straightforward , I've done this myself with a USB key, works with a sd card too.

https://forums.garmin.com/forum/mac-win ... mp/160255-
You Dee man Nick.......might need to speak to you soon regarding a small issue with my Montana... ;)
Is that small issue , Operator trouble :lol:
I suspect you're not too far from the truth there Bob .... :lol:

Steve, yes anytime mate. Maybe do a trade as I wouldn't mind a test ride on your TTR to see how they are on tarmac, I know they're great on dirt. Thinking of getting one as a TET bike if I don't manage to resurrect the DRZ, there's a few TTRs on leboncoin at moment.
Top man Nick, yeah no probs for ttr, mines ok on road even with 13/52 gearing, just give us a shout bud

bikenav
Posts: 703
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:46 pm
Location: Llanelli
Has thanked: 481 times
Been thanked: 252 times

Re: Question- how to install TopoLusitania?

Post by bikenav » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:38 pm

followed instructions as given by Nico including the winzip download the only thing different was that I had to manually add the name Portugal to the file GMAPSUPP2 just to keep track of it then it worked perfectly. Thanks for the perfect instructions particularly Nico i know its easy for experienced computer peeps to miss out obvious bits in explanations which can be very very frustrating for us keyboard wobblers! Explained perfectly brilliant thanks Nico.

Post Reply

Return to “HOW TO..........”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests