How to source a brake disc that is no longer available

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
NigelL321

How to source a brake disc that is no longer available

Post by NigelL321 »

Posting this in case this is of use to others who are struggling to locate spare discs.

I used http://thediscdoctor.co.uk/index.htm to get a new rear disc for my 2014 Gas Gas Cami. But would apply to other flat discs.

(Gas Gas no longer supply this part after they were taken over by a new owner last year. Spent around 6 months trying Gas Gas UK and my usual spares - dealer Haines Motorcycles but neither had any luck with Gas Gas HQ. Even ordered one from a Spanish dealer only to have it cancelled as the factory said no. The price was more than I paid for the custom one).

I just supplied a sketch with the critical dimensions. Or you could send your old disc or a photo copy of the disc with the actual outside diameter.

Part was delivered in under 2 weeks and is made of ground stainless plate. Great service.
johnnyboxer

Re: How to source a brake disc that is no longer available

Post by johnnyboxer »

Thanks - very useful for us
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Alexander777

Post by Alexander777 »

NigelL321 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:50 pm Posting this in case this is of use to others who are struggling to locate spare discs.

I used http://thediscdoctor.co.uk/index.htm to get a new rear disc for my 2014 Gas Gas Cami. But would apply to other flat discs.

(Gas Gas no longer supply this part after they were taken over by a new owner last year. Spent around 6 months trying Gas Gas UK and my usual spares - dealer Haines Motorcycles but neither had any luck with more Gas Gas HQ. Even ordered one from a Spanish dealer only to have it cancelled as the factory said no. The price was more than I paid for the custom one).

I just supplied a sketch with the critical dimensions. Or you could send your old disc or a photo copy of the disc with the actual outside diameter.

Part was delivered in under 2 weeks and is made of ground stainless plate. Great service.
useful info indeed.
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Thanks, I have added the "URL" (I think that is what it is called - hope its not an embarrassing wee wee illness :oops: ) to my Bookmarks for future reference.

TTFN

Hugh.
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

I’ve used this Company several times on different bikes, always been great service and quality, would 100% recommend!
Charles Gibson

Post by Charles Gibson »

mechanic wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:05 pm I’ve used this Company several times on different bikes, always been great service and quality, would 100% recommend!
thanks

Return to “HOW TO..........”