Use Harpic to clean exhaust

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
Bertie2010

Re: Use Harpic to clean exhaust

Post by Bertie2010 »

djl50 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:41 pm Ive noticed a few videos on Youtube where people are using Harpic Max 10 to clean stainless steel exhaust systems, anyone one here had a go? Dave
Yep tried and tested on st steel exhaust whilst on the bike and it works well just dont get it everywhere and rinse thoroughly
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

'Spirits of Salts' (£5) is awesome for cleaning anything if you can submerse the item in a bowl of water (and not pass out from the fumes). I think its basically Hydrochloric Acid.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

some good results there ..good to know may have ago ont crfs sometime :shock:
i came accross a product i kinda bought for somthing else ..the disks on my kwack were prone to rusting very easily not the brake surface the edges of the petals the pattern bit int middle ..so i bought some of this stuff and it cured it no problem
got to thinking after reading the instructions that id put some on the headers as they were very pretty ..i spayed it onto a old lid and used a small paintbrush in both cases ..it goes on easy like painting with water almost so it goes on even with minimun effort and no brushstroke problems took maby 5 mins to do the headers
what ive found is that it makes a barrier and crap has a hard time sticking to it also lifts the original metal colour .it hasnt cracked or peeled or come off and you cant really tell its there except the headers still shine nicely and they clean off just with a ordanary sponge ..
id say if you have just spent a few hours cleaning up the headers a coat of this may well help keep em looking cleaner for longer .... or if it a new bike the stuff may well help to keep em looking better for longer

https://www.hycote.co.uk/product/extreme-heat-clear/
to be fair the bikes only done 3000 miles so far but cleaning the headers is pretty much the same as cleaning a side panel ..deffo worth a shot after the harpic treatment ..im pretty sure it works well ..these are what mine look like after 6 months or so and they have been covered in shite ..ive honestly done nothing except hose em down with soapy water and a soft brush ..does seem to work quite well 8-)

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map

Return to “HOW TO..........”