Winter Riding - Advice for A New Biker

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
Nigel

Re: Winter Riding - Advice for A New Biker

Post by Nigel »

All good advice and if you are not sure take the car, don`t try to be a hero on your bike, if you`ve got a car use it and save the bike for when you can enjoy riding (thumbs)
I don`t have to commute and living in a rural area if it`s icy I stay off the bike.

Two things to watch out for, don`t brake over white arrows leading up to traffic lights, once saw a lad picking up his moped after doing that :( and watch out for tarmac repairs in the road, they sometimes freeze before the rest of the road, found that out on my MTB one icy morning :(
Devonboy

Post by Devonboy »

I'am of the age that I don't bounce so well as I did. I used to try and ride through the winter but got fed up with the repair bills. If you travel early morning you will find black ice ouch!
Angel

Post by Angel »

moresnow.jpg
moresnow.jpg (39.3 KiB) Viewed 1779 times
I guess this is cheating.

OK I give up, can't make pictures work.
It was just a Ural with sidecar in the snow.

Ural_snow.jpg
Ural_snow.jpg (58.84 KiB) Viewed 1779 times
ZX Raziel

Post by ZX Raziel »

All good advice , i personaly prefer not to take the bike out once there is salt on the roads , that stuff eats the metal parts like acid and its not easy to give it a good wash after every ride when its dark most of the time by the time you get home :(

Return to “HOW TO..........”