Project pannier build.

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
johnzxr750

Re: Project pannier build.

Post by johnzxr750 »

Looking good there how much are you going to be charging for a pair ??? :whistle:
Cheers j
rusty

Post by rusty »

Well I got there in the end lads. panniers and top box mounted and ready to travel the world ! :cheer:
Now WTF do I put in them ? :woohoo:

Now form an orderly Que folks and orders will be taken in strict rotation. B)
Loggy

Post by Loggy »

wow they look the business. They would look good on my AT... Very nice, well done. Crack open a beer.
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Army - Bedford MJ Radar Repair Workshop
EricKTM@

Post by EricKTM@ »

Very nice job Rusty. Wouldn't mind a set in the near future.

How much are you looking at roughly for a set. Price on just panniers and also on including the top box. I'll decide then what set up to go for.

I'm in Ireland so would be collecting at some stage so no posting needed.
"In the spirit of adventure, open to all riders and carrying a message of friendship between all men"- Thierry Sabine 1977 founder of the Paris Dakar -
Mosel Bikes

Post by Mosel Bikes »

You are one talented fella, no doubt about it. Brilliant job and great to see someone making their own and improvising when needed. Must be so much more satisfying than buying off-the-shelf. I'm sure they'll give you many years faithful service and be an integral part of many adventures.
I'm absolutely cack-handed-hopeless with anything practical, but bought an aluminium 'tool box', some bar for brackets, nuts and bolts and some Ikea cupboard door handles to form fastening points, drilled and mounted. Also adapted a tool hanger bracket to help keep soft panniers from exhaust. Total cost was around £30! The sense of satisfaction was immense for me, so yours must be a hundred-fold. Good on ya.
Greyhound Racing .... don't bet, don't go - you bet, they die :cry:
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks Loggy, why don't you have a go yourself, if I can do it, there's hope for everyone else.

And the beer has well and truely been cracked.
rusty

Post by rusty »

EricKTM@ wrote:Very nice job Rusty. Wouldn't mind a set in the near future.

How much are you looking at roughly for a set. Price on just panniers and also on including the top box. I'll decide then what set up to go for.

I'm in Ireland so would be collecting at some stage so no posting needed.
Hey Eric,
I'm taking them on a test run around the West for a few days and see how the hold up. I'll do some calculations when I get back. I'll be in a better position then as regards costings and we'll talk then.

Cheers
Rusty
rusty

Post by rusty »

Mosel Bikes wrote:You are one talented fella, no doubt about it. Brilliant job and great to see someone making their own and improvising when needed. Must be so much more satisfying than buying off-the-shelf. I'm sure they'll give you many years faithful service and be an integral part of many adventures.
I'm absolutely cack-handed-hopeless with anything practical, but bought an aluminium 'tool box', some bar for brackets, nuts and bolts and some Ikea cupboard door handles to form fastening points, drilled and mounted. Also adapted a tool hanger bracket to help keep soft panniers from exhaust. Total cost was around £30! The sense of satisfaction was immense for me, so yours must be a hundred-fold. Good on ya.
Thanks man, like I said earlier, if I can do it anyone can. If you need any help you know where to come. :)
rusty

Post by rusty »

Just a quick update. Well the maiden voyage went extremely well with no hiccups at all. To say I'm very pleased is an understatement.

Table worked well to.
EricKTM@

Post by EricKTM@ »

Table looks very practical. Great idea.

The boxes look great on the bike.
"In the spirit of adventure, open to all riders and carrying a message of friendship between all men"- Thierry Sabine 1977 founder of the Paris Dakar -

Return to “HOW TO..........”