oops I farkled again

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
Kenbo

oops I farkled again

Post by Kenbo »

I went to the Elephant rally this year and used a cheap car sat nav £23 from china. Did the job well and I was carefull not to get it wet.

On return I loaded a free sat nav to my phone uprated my micro simm in the phone and now have full european maps for free. I got myself a "chatterbox" that bluetooths to my phone and that works well

Now I just need to keep my phone dry but boxes like these are a bit too dear

So my solution

Image[/img]
Image[/img]

A fishing tackle box from Go Outdoors for about £2

Cut away some of the ribs so the phone sit in with the lid shut and drilled a hole insert a rubber grommit for the power lead and away we go

Only thing is it is green plastic so I cant see the screen to well in day light but it is perfectly visable at night. So off to the fishing tackle shop on sat to see if I can get the box with a clear lid. :)
Morph

Re: oops I farkled again

Post by Morph »

You could use a Pelicase for £20

[ebay]350692927177[/ebay]

Which phone and satnav software are you using?

Cheers
The lightest piece of kit is the one you leave behind...
Devonboy

Post by Devonboy »

Just love other people's ingu... ing... cleverness :laugh:
Kenbo

Post by Kenbo »

Morph wrote:You could use a Pelicase for £20

[ebay]350692927177[/ebay]

Which phone and satnav software are you using?

Cheers
Cheers for that Morph. Will look at that closer when I have a bit more time.

The sat nav I was using is unbranded but my phone is a Samsung Galaxy Ace with a 16Mb Micro simm added, running "Navfree"
Gaffer64

Post by Gaffer64 »

Hi Buddy,

I would love to do what you have done. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I have just bought a waterproof cover for it to go to the boil rally. I could not see the screen because of the screen reflection. Please could you do a step by step guide, as I want to blue tooth to my helmet etc. I would really appreciate it.

Cheers

Mike G

Return to “HOW TO..........”