Organ Donation

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
corbine

Re: Organ Donation

Post by corbine »

Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

I've always been registered and now we have shiny cards - will have to laminate mine because it split in half
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

A chap up the road from me is in his early 30's with 2 kids and has struggled to walk to the shops and back for the last 2 years. However in July he had a kidney transplant and is now out running in preparation for charity events and playing football with his kids. That's why I carry my donor card in my wallet.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
corbine

Post by corbine »

bump...worth a read, must be tough to be grilled just as a loved one has passed away?.....http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013 ... onor-rates
corbine

Post by corbine »

Diesel Pete

Post by Diesel Pete »

Its one of those things I often thought "I must sign up to" then forgot to do.

Signed up now, thanks for the reminder (thumbs)
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Thank Corbine this is something Ive always said I wanted to do but never got round to it.
Done now and family informed. ;)

I think it should be opt out rather than opt in.
corbine

Post by corbine »

Bump-Good cause- see links on page one.
Got the news i dreaded a couple of weeks ago-declined so much i now need a double lung transplant….

Got worse news last Friday -medical complications and chances of a successful transplant being less than the MD Team anticipated mean after 15 months of being on the programme i've now been declined.

Still- the lungs i would have had in the near future will go to a more likely survivor.

Im pleased for whoever that will be.

Im sure they will appreciate them as i would have done.

Corbs-Aint life a bitch.
:-)

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk/

Return to “HOW TO..........”