Organ Donation

If you know how to do something, share it with other members. i.e How to fix a puncture...How to ship a bike to Alaska etc. The post with the most 'Thank You' votes in a month wins an ABR Hoodie.
corbine

Organ Donation

Post by corbine »

News today on the beeb......not resting on their Laurels- they still need a lot more donors
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-22086086
And where to sign up.....
To Sign Up to Donate:
Tel 0300 123 23 23
text SAVE to 62323
corbine

Re: Organ Donation

Post by corbine »

corbine

Post by corbine »

Bump
As some may or may not know?? latest update re Wales...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-23127751
CBSTD

Post by CBSTD »

Come on folks get signed up,they're no use to you rotting in a box or going up in smoke, once your ticket's punched.My sister got new heart and lungs then lungs back in the eighties.
Me karma ranover me dogma
corbine

Post by corbine »

bump- its also live on radio 2 now-jeremy vine show...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23260057
The NHS is considering preventing families from overriding the consent of people who have signed the organ donor register.

NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) says it wants to ensure a person's wish to donate is honoured if they die.

In a strategy document it also asks whether those on the organ donor register should receive higher priority on the transplant waiting list.

The strategy has the backing of the four UK health ministers.

It aims to build on the 50% increase in deceased donation rates since 2008.

NHSBT says it wants a "revolution in public attitudes and behaviour" so that individuals and families will be proud to support donation.

It says knowledge of organ donation remains low outside the NHS but this can be increased through education and publicity campaigns.

The aims of the strategy are to:

Improve consent rates from relatives to above 80% (currently 57%) in all cases (families are asked to give consent whether their relative has signed the organ donor register or not)
Bring the deceased donor rate up to 26 per million of the population (currently 19 pmp)
Increase the number of patients receiving a transplant to 74 per million of the population (currently 49 pmp)
Almost everyone would accept a transplant organ if they needed one - but only 57% of families agree to donation when asked.

Grieving relatives sometimes overrule the wishes of patients who have signed the organ donor register - although this usually happens when families are not aware of a loved one's wishes.

Start Quote

"Is it fair to take if you won't give?”

Sally Johnson
NHSBT"

click link for rest of article..
corbs:-)
Willandkate

Post by Willandkate »

Signed up earlier this week. All parts available....
Our biggest ride - Australia to England

www.wollongongtowoolwich.co.uk
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

All parts available from me too, don't know how many will be any good by the time iv done with them though :laugh:
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

I signed up a year or more ago.....but worried about it very recently when I read on the news that a group of doctors were just about to "harvest " a body when it came back to life!
Someone hadn't done proper checks when the person was in a drug induced coma! Not in the UK though ;)
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Rhys wrote:All parts available from me too, don't know how many will be any good by the time iv done with them though :laugh:
Me too, Probably just need a good service ;)
Turned out nice again
corbine

Post by corbine »

Return to “HOW TO..........”