Post a review and win a Buff

Win free stuff
Alun

Post a review and win a Buff

Post by Alun »

Okay, Buff have given me 20 of their wonderful, delightful, supreme (yes, I know) products to give away to members who post up the best product reviews on the ABR website. So, head on over to the review section and tell us what you think about your bike, gear, clothing or anything else you can think of – within reason.

Buffs are one of those useful bits of kit that no biker should be without and we've managed to get hold of the 'Adventure Begins Today' design as modelled by young Bryn in the photo below. Perfect for cold days, dusty trails, bank robberies and (according to ABR's sub editor Rosie) holding your headphones in place when you're out jogging.

NB. Check to see if the product you want to review is already listed on the review section and if it's not, click the 'add new listing' link found towards the top of any review page, fill in the blanks and then submit a review.

We'll pick 2 winners every Friday.
buff_bryn.jpg
buff_bryn.jpg (61.02 KiB) Viewed 2269 times
CRAIGREVO

Re:Post a review and win a Buff

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Great comp idea Alun! I would like to do a review of the Rekluze z start clutch, but the problem I have is trying to categorise it. It should come under accessories but the only sub categories in that section are, aluminium boxes.
If I just make the review in this section can it be fixed later? ;)
Alun

Post by Alun »

CRAIGREVO wrote:
Great comp idea Alun! I would like to do a review of the Rekluze z start clutch, but the problem I have is trying to categorise it. It should come under accessories but the only sub categories in that section are, aluminium boxes.
If I just make the review in this section can it be fixed later? ;)
Craig, i will sort this over the weekend as it's a bit tricky handling a keyboard on a Friday night with a glass in both hands. I think maybe a 'Sundry Accessories' section to cover things like clutches.
Warthog

Post by Warthog »

Does it include previous reviews?

If not I'm screwed because I've written all my relevant reviews already!!
africajim

Post by africajim »

Well, I've just done one on my jacket and trousers, not exactly full of praise for Akito stuff but read it and weep, I did!
Honda, the power of dreams.
Alun

Post by Alun »

If you're not sure how to post up a review I'm going to do a screenshot video over the weekend. But for now try this.....

Basically the reviews section on this site is split into main groupings i.e. accessories, bikes, clothing etc and then broken down further into sub groups within the main groupings i.e.'metal panniers' and 'metal top boxes' are sub groups of 'accessories'.

Within each 'sub group' we have the product listings. i.e. 'Alpos metal panniers' and 'Touratec metal panniers' are listings within the 'metal panniers' sub group - still with me?

It's important to note that there must be a 'listing' for a product before we can post up a review. So the first thing to do is check to see if there is a listing for a product (use the search facility on reviews section) and if there's not you need to create a product listing. All registered members of the site can do that by clicking on the 'add new listing' link which you'll find on the reviews page.

Setting up a listing is simple you just fill in the form that appears on the screen but it is important that the 'Title' is the name of the product i.e. if you are posting up a new listing for 'Touratec metal Panniers' then the 'Title' needs to be just that...'Touratec Metal Panniers'. Once the form is filled in press the save button. Congratulations, you have now entered a new listing and the first review of the product - all members can now add reviews to the listing.

NB - If there is no obvious section to post up a listing i.e. if you wanted to review your Touratec bar mounted flat screen TV, then mail me and I'll set up a new 'Sub Group' for 'Flat Screen TV's' within the 'Accessories' group.

Right, that's it for now I'm off down to Wales for the day.
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

I have started my review of the Rekluse clutch in the alloy panniers section so when there is a mechanical accessories section, I can delete and move it.

One thing I couldn't work out was how to highlight the 1-5 score bar in the top right of the review.:blink:
Alun

Post by Alun »

Craig, I've changed the review set up to make it easier to post up a new listing and review at the same time. If you could try again in the 'Random Accessories' section that would be great. Let me know how you get on and if it was easier. Thanks.
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

I've done a review/right up and it all worked great. That is until I went to edit my review and it just sits loading at the half way point?

If you like I can start a few screen reviews with pictures and things. So people just have to right there thoughts on the product.;)
Alun

Post by Alun »

Thanks for that Craig, it's a conflict with google analytics code I'll get it sorted in the next couple of days. Go ahead with posting up new products.

Return to “COMPETITIONS”