Win accommodation or trail riding day (bike provided) in France or Wales - hurry - draw on 4th May

Win free stuff
CreakyGirl

Win accommodation or trail riding day (bike provided) in France or Wales - hurry - draw on 4th May

Post by CreakyGirl »

In order to raise some much needed funds, my passenger Kerry and I have put together some prizes. We are the only all-female Formula 2 road racing team, and are planning to compete in the British Sidecar Championship for F350, Post Classic and Pre-Injection Machines. We will be racing at Mallory Park, Aintree, Anglesey, East Fortune and Cadwell Park. As the outfit is 18 years old now, it needs a fair bit of looking after, and if you are willing to contribute a tenner to our racing fund, we would be extremely grateful.

Each £10 received will be entered in a prize draw with three wonderful prizes - our best ever draw! The first winner will choose, then the second and the third winner will have the one that is left over. The prizes are suitable for everyone (except children!) and are these:

A week’s stay for a couple, at Gites de Laprade in the beautiful countryside of the Haute Vienne, Limoges, France, worth £425, courtesy of Brian and Taunya Smith ((Kerry's mum) www.gitesdelaprade.com Limoges is only an hour from a great trail riding area around Correze.

Two nights bed and breakfast accommodation for up to 4 persons in scenic Mid Wales worth £240 www.ride-adventure.co.uk/bedandbreakfast.html Adventure bike or trail guiding available.

A bike and clothing for a day's trail or road riding, worth £180 (please note that this day is suitable for road or novice trail riders, not experienced offroad riders) www.trailrides-wales.com

The draw will take place on Bank Holiday Monday 4th May.

If you wish to enter, you can send a cheque, making it payable to M J Walford at Glanbachog, Llanbrynmair, Powys, SY19 7BU. Or contact me by pm, email to [email protected] or phone 01686 430522. I am afraid that you cannot use Paypal to enter a prize draw, as it is against their rules and may be illegal.

The pic is me getting it a bit wrong and chucking my former passenger Claire off in our first race at Anglesey!
CBR_6013s.jpg
CBR_6013s.jpg (23.52 KiB) Viewed 7755 times
Stewie

Re: Win accommodation or trail riding day (bike provided) in France or Wales - hurry - draw on 4th May

Post by Stewie »

No don't bother with the Hello and Welcome, just wade straight in :laugh:

Hello and Welcome, good luck with the racing and the fund raising, has Kerry seen the picture of Claire :huh: :laugh:

Do you have a FB page people could follow your racing on?
Redmurty

Re: Win accommodation or trail riding day (bike provided) in France or Wales - hurry - draw on 4th May

Post by Redmurty »

These two racers are a well know duo to many off road riders in wales and they have been on this forum before.

Both very good off roaders as well as a sidecar duo.

My cheques will be in the post to you guys this week, sorry I missed the outing at the weekend but the bills needed paying.

I will be speaking to Richie this week I assume that he has already sorted a date for the next muddy weekend

Cheers Spud
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
CreakyGirl

Post by CreakyGirl »

As Spud says, I may not post frequently, but I do lurk a lot! The Facebook page is Two Fast Ladies, but Spud, it is not Lucie passengering - she is far too sensible!

Kerry doesn't yet know about me chucking Claire off. Kerry and I are doing a practice day at Aintree on Wednesday 6th May, and I will run through with Kerry what she needs to do, including if we spin or take to the grass in error!

This is the day job (and one of the prizes):
P1190002p.jpg
P1190002p.jpg (365.57 KiB) Viewed 7755 times
Marianne
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Here's a suggestion:

I'm not going to be home until Thursday evening and then I'm away to catch a ferry to France later the same evening but if someone is sending a cheque I can PayPal some money over as a gift to them if they'll add it to their cheque?

Any volunteers? I've blown enough cash on racing over the years to know that absolutely every penny is welcomed and a few pints won't be missed by me (thumbs)
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

AndyB wrote:Here's a suggestion:

I'm not going to be home until Thursday evening and then I'm away to catch a ferry to France later the same evening but if someone is sending a cheque I can PayPal some money over as a gift to them if they'll add it to their cheque?

Any volunteers? I've blown enough cash on racing over the years to know that absolutely every penny is welcomed and a few pints won't be missed by me (thumbs)
Andy let me know how much you want to send and I will add it to mine, never spent any money on racing never been good enough or had a big enough pair, we can sort it later when your back, trust me they are good people

cheers Spud ;)

AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Redmurty wrote:
AndyB wrote:Here's a suggestion:

Andy let me know how much you want to send and I will add it to mine, never spent any money on racing never been good enough or had a big enough pair, we can sort it later when your back, trust me they are good people

cheers Spud ;)
Let me know your paypal account details (if you have a paypal account?) by pm and I'll send you the cash tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Not hot on Paypal mate so PM what you want to donate and I'll get a cheque off soonest and you can drop me a cheque back when you have finished your trip

cheers Spud ;)

fullerton

Post by fullerton »

can some one open them donation thingys or pm your bank details, dont have cheque book anymore, packed racing 2 years ago, what a money pit.

steve
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

fullerton wrote:can some one open them donation thingys or pm your bank details, dont have cheque book anymore, packed racing 2 years ago, what a money pit.

steve
I'll give them a shout mate and ask how they want to proceed

cheers Spud ;)

Return to “COMPETITIONS”