devolved mongol rally

Win free stuff
V_King

devolved mongol rally

Post by V_King »

anyone contemplating taking part in upcomming mongol rally?

they are devolving the rules with much more flexibility and slashed entry fees. can use any old bangers again for the cars, 125cc limit stays for the bikes though.

with only £325 entry fee it becomes kind of attractive to go far east with a bunch of likewise idots :laugh:
plus with 125 the fuel economy would mean little money on fuel.

there is a 125 harley on auction in the moment for some cool factor B) and a spare engine, if need arises :laugh:

anyone, who had experience with two smokers from 70-80's, what fuel economy could I expect and what to avoid?

Dreaming of taking a part next year :) just pack all stuff to the storage locker and set of with a sleeping bag :)
""
Dazzer

Re: devolved mongol rally

Post by Dazzer »

if your looking for a 125cc bike that can be fixed easy in Mongolia go for a Chinese one, The place is full of them. You can buy a new one there for $700.

Dazzer
jaz1259

Post by jaz1259 »

Whats the dates for this mate I didnt think you could use bikes
V_King

Post by V_King »

jaz1259 wrote:Whats the dates for this mate I didnt think you could use bikes
start is mid july, finish depends on your chosen route. they wait for you in the basecamp in Ulaanbaatar until end of august :)

they say the shortest route is 5700 miles, which is motorways basically. most teams seem to do around 10k one way
""
V_King

Post by V_King »

Dazzer wrote:if your looking for a 125cc bike that can be fixed easy in Mongolia go for a Chinese one, The place is full of them. You can buy a new one there for $700.

Dazzer
I used to have a two smoker, so leaning toward them, although newer had the classic one, so it would be interesting to hear ex owners experiences :)
""
Martinl69

Post by Martinl69 »

I like the warning on the website.....

Your chances of being seriously injured or dying as a result of taking part are high. Individuals who have taken part in previous Adventurists' adventures have been permanently disfigured, seriously disabled or lost their life.

That's kind of made me want to sign up, anything so dangerous must be bloody good fun.
V_King

Post by V_King »

Martinl69 wrote:I like the warning on the website.....
Your chances of being seriously injured or dying as a result of taking part are high. Individuals who have taken part in previous Adventurists' adventures have been permanently disfigured, seriously disabled or lost their life.
That's kind of made me want to sign up, anything so dangerous must be bloody good fun.
the demography of the folk taking part in the rally is like day and night compared to the average rally attendant in the UK :)

check youtube for videos, to see more fun stuff :woohoo:
""

Return to “COMPETITIONS”