Your Dog on your Bike?

Post up pics of you and your bike. A place for members to get all arty farty, creative and, er, post up snaps.
Snowdog

Your Dog on your Bike?

Post by Snowdog »

Hi has anyone tried this? I've found loads of you tube vids with Dogs doing pillion in varying states of what I would class as safe from this

[video][/video]

which I think is animal cruelty to this

[video][/video]

Which I think isn't really in the spirit of ABR.

So anyone done this? I've started training my two to the Doggles with treats in case I do decide to do this, I've also considering buying a waterproof dog coat, then I reckon I could modify an ordinary plastic dog bed to be strapped over the panniers and put a few waterproof pillows in there. Stuff an extra old sleeping bag in the pannier and I reckon I could take one of them away with me for the weekend.

I would have to break them in gently I reckon, a few days just sat on the bike with loads of treats and then a few days with the engine running and loads of treats then a few days round the block with loads of treats and then a run to the local park and treats and a nice walk etc build it up slowly as my collie is neurotic and so scared of everything already.

The other question is to use a harness or not? I like then idea of him being strapped in on the roads but then I wouldn't want him strapped to the bike in the event of an off, I reckon he'd come off much better in an off if he was flung clear of the bike...

Might never happen, esp. if SWMBO get's wind of it, but I'm curious if anyone else has experience in this.

Cheers Now

SnowdoG :woohoo:

BBRR - Big Bike Rough Road Riders Group

It's all about how big it is and how Rough you use it

Whatever you do on your path, do it mindfully.
Selous

Re: Your Dog on your Bike?

Post by Selous »

I have 7 dogs now lost a few over the years had 15 at one time!

all of my hounds when travelling are used to going in a folding dog travel crate, most of the 'show' community use these all the time & are taught from puppy, so if used to being in a create there is no reason why not in the tow tow thing & have seen bigger tow tow incorporates in a 4x4 for sib husky's & sledge pulling

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
griffo

Post by griffo »

ive also thought of takeing the dog on the bike :unsure: if its a small dog givi do a dog carrier for the tank which look good.
Snowdog

Post by Snowdog »

Selous wrote:used to going in a folding dog travel crate
Both dogs trained to the crate, useful for when visiting relatives and the dogs just want to get away from everyone. Also for when me and SWMBO go away to a cottage and want to make sure the dogs don't chew anything that seems tasty while we are in bed.

Thanks Griffo, doing a search for that now.

Rederic

Post by Rederic »

I seen this cute little dog on the back of a triumph rocket, he looked content and happy even had matching helmet and leathers with the rider,
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

I seen cute little dog on the back of a triumph rocket, he looked content and happy even had matching helmet and leathers with the rider,
SONY PHONE PICS 138.JPG
SONY PHONE PICS 138.JPG (54.99 KiB) Viewed 2172 times
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

I don't think my dog would do the bike thing, she prefers 4x4s

Copy of PA201139.JPG
Copy of PA201139.JPG (45.37 KiB) Viewed 2172 times
033.JPG
033.JPG (60.49 KiB) Viewed 2172 times
a 058.jpg
a 058.jpg (49.27 KiB) Viewed 2172 times
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
Wozzy

Post by Wozzy »

Came across this jack russel a couple of years back at a rally in north Yorkshire.

Smudge the biker dog
hornet

Post by hornet »

excellent

love dog in doggles :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hornet
Two wheels roaming. My FB page
Snowdog

Post by Snowdog »

Wozzy wrote:Came across this jack russel a couple of years back at a rally in north Yorkshire.

Smudge the biker dog
This is a mint story, I'd do the same with the harness but Luther is a Collie and Willow is an English Pointer.. so maybe too big.
Might be worth a try though, I could cover the tank with none slip so they can stand on it buddha know's it's a big enough tank.
Would also remove the harnessed to the bike problem as they'd be harnessed to me.

Return to “WE LOVE PICS”