Crf 300 Rally - The Adventure Begins

Post up pics of you and your bike. A place for members to get all arty farty, creative and, er, post up snaps.
adventure steele

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan - The Adventure Begins

Post by adventure steele »

Himalayan refunded
Last edited by adventure steele on Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adventure steele

Himalayan refunded
Last edited by adventure steele on Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

looks nice hope you settle down to something soon ..
from observation you seem to flit left right and centre 1250 650 390 1250 450 ... 120hp 70hp 40hp 120hp 25hp and tbo your very enthusiastic when you first get them then suddenly there gone ..to be fair this does sound like the bike you really like the most

fingers crossed for u
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
adventure steele

Himalayan refunded
Last edited by adventure steele on Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

minkyhead wrote:looks nice hope you settle down to something soon ..
from observation you seem to flit left right and centre 1250 650 390 1250 450 ... 120hp 70hp 40hp 120hp 25hp and tbo your very enthusiastic when you first get them then suddenly there gone ..to be fair this does sound like the bike you really like the most

fingers crossed for u
A good summary Image
I like the smaller and mid range bikes I have, but not ready to give up the 1150 GS just yet
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
adventure steele

Himalayan refunded
adventure steele

Himalayan refunded
Last edited by adventure steele on Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

adventure steele wrote:I always very much enjoy everyone's different takes on things always interesting to read Minkyhead an Johnny. :) fascinating to read always good to get discourse going.

I'm just so relieved I can be riding more regularly again I can't put into words how gutted I was when I started struggling with the weight off the Rallye as I thought I'd got it sorted shoulder wise but the Himmy has been such a relief came back the other day an was grinning from enjoying my ride an being totally pain free so it's job done.

Hopefully the above post helps understand the reasoning behind the changes as some of them were superb bikes, hell even the ktm's had alot off plus points if it hadn't been for the reliability off both brand new bikes hence the rejection if they had just kept the tech more simple like the old 990's or the vstrom 650xt they would have been brilliant it'l be interesting to watch the new version off that that keeps getting talked about and the 450 Himmy. I just hope they don't love the magic off the 410.
Good man
Riding is all that counts and the Himalayan does pique my interest too
They do look well
So does Minky on his VStrom
I did hurt my shoulder last spring whilst trail riding and it does make some funny noises now and I hope it won’t stop me riding in future years in bigger bikes
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

you really dont need to justify your reasons for a ab or c it just seems a big swing oneway and then the other ?.....i think waht you need to do is have plan of what you want a bike to do ...its very true to say telling somone what bike to buy is like teling them what music they should like or what film is best ...dont matter what any one says your always going to go your own way

keep your himmy to ride with yer dad ...

id be happy to meet up with you and yer dad and spend a day ..or even two guiding you round some basic trails /and river crossings in the dales area as this area is pobably one of the best learner freindly areas in the uk in terms of longer routes but still has some question marks and challenges ... no tricks just general very pretty trails but varied sufaces that in places you need to be a bit on the careful side..good practice for you your dad your bikes and tyres before setting off for iceland heck some of the guys on here may want to join in ? ... i have taken your dad is a inexpierianced off roader and this may be helpful to you to get a take on your upcoming trip ..i think thats right but if im wrong we can throw in some more stuff cross over to cumbria for bit more of a task
as is required /wanted..
if u want to keep it father and son i could send you some gpx loops that i think the himmy will be fine on..t would at least be a very decent shakedown run of bikes riders tyres and luggage

be no bother to me i dont get tired of riding the dales :mrgreen:

salter fell is a good run too for any bike can run free for 8 miles rare in the uk ..took 8 yrars to gravel the bog for the farmers and 6 weeks for .the horrible rocky bit to be buldozed over so prince charlses arse was padded in landrover so he could shoot criminal birds :D

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
adventure steele

Himalayan refunded
Last edited by adventure steele on Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “WE LOVE PICS”