1967 Norton 650SS daily rider :)

Post up pics of you and your bike. A place for members to get all arty farty, creative and, er, post up snaps.
adventure steele

Re: 1967 Norton 650SS daily rider :)

Post by adventure steele »

Billy that's a beauty :) Bsa's are super cool bikes looks like a great base to start with that's for sure it's one brand I'm not to familiar with but I've always loved them there's a few people on Instagram who follow me that ride beezers great bits of kit.

Indeed Richard Norman Whites book is well worth getting he did a mod on my frame for me on my Commando as its a 68' Jigged it and brought it up to spec as it had missed the recall back in the day. Rebuilt the engine in my Bedroom that's the great things with the Nortons couple of tools and a few sets of spanners and you are set :) not all the frames were made in Italy the later bikes were though I can't remember the exact change over from memory but I'll look it up in one of my books from memory they had a different mark on the frame number for the Italian framed bikes.

My Commando is one of the first 70 an a Plumstead engine one interesting fact that actually built the first 100 Commando engines and realised they had fitted atlas heads and not the Commando ones and had to take the heads off and fit the Commando ones on lol according to one of my books that is :) having not been around back then all I can do is get my info 2nd hand my dads bro did race a 68 Commando though which was epic.

Totally agree though its very easy to sort the Commandos out and the parts availability is 2nd to none way better than any Japanese bike I've restored with Norvil Andover and RGM all supplying stuff for them. I can certainly see a few more Commandos in my future.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Back in the day, the teenage me had a Dunstall catalogue and I used to gaze longingly at things like this. The catalogue alone would probably be worth a bit now!

https://www.gumtree.com/p/norton-motorb ... 1442517698
adventure steele

I've actually got the tuning book it's a really interesting read by Dunstall
Gopro footage is finally live!

I decided to take my gopro with me and even though the conditions were bad do a little bit of filming in Cheshire unfortunately I lost some of the footage so this is part 1 of a 3 part video chatting about why I like my 650ss.

The next video will be a ride up the iconic Cat and Fiddle on a dry day so I don't have camera issues anyway hope you all enjoy :)

adventure steele

Very very excited to share this with everyone riding my Norton 650SS with onboards on the iconic cat and fiddle and a full review of my ownership of the bike, tips on ownership, my Norton Motorcycle History and most importantly why I trust a 650 SS as a daily rider :) as a rider in my 30s instead of the modern bikes.

Hopefully everyone enjoys the audio is nice and clear for once with the new Mic and the Gopro recorded good for once to.

adventure steele

Happy Holidays everyone just got back from my Christmas Day Classic Motorcycle ride which is a tradition of mine on the 1967 Norton 650 SS no matter the weather out on Christmas Day.
For those that like to do things your own way I salute you 😊 you do you!!
Had a wonderful time in pea soup fog, a thunderstorm, hailstone and loved every moment which was topped off by an awesome conversation with a couple who were out for some trail walking 🙂 an very kindly took the first picture for me! It's moments where everyone is awesome to each other that always makes memorable times!!

Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

Nice pictures. Brave man up at the Cat. I would have stayed down below :roll:
adventure steele

Thanks Billy :)

Hope everyone is having a good break :)

Here's the video from yesterday's ride on Xmas Day on my 1967 Norton 650SS up the Cat and Fiddle talking about what I'd like to see Norton produce bike wise and enjoying a day off quiet roads keeping with my Christmas tradition of Xmas Day rides.

Return to “WE LOVE PICS”