Photochain link offshoot quiz

Post up pics of you and your bike. A place for members to get all arty farty, creative and, er, post up snaps.
bill_qaz

Re: Photochain link offshoot quiz

Post by bill_qaz »

Snaf MKII wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:55 pm KTM 495MX, very nice. I friend had one on his farm, I recall it was either three or four speed. Not sure if I ever got it out of second.
Spot on it was a four speed mx converted with dry charge battery to run lights and entered in TBEC enduro, and road registered and trail ridden, hence tax disc, much to the amusement of the scruteneer :lol:
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Is that yellow bike a Portal? or maybe montessa?
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

Asgard already had it, it's a Puch but there was a Portal on the event.
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

bill_qaz wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:45 pm
Snaf MKII wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:55 pm KTM 495MX, very nice. I friend had one on his farm, I recall it was either three or four speed. Not sure if I ever got it out of second.
Spot on it was a four speed mx converted with dry charge battery to run lights and entered in TBEC enduro, and road registered and trail ridden, hence tax disc, much to the amusement of the scruteneer :lol:
How long ago was that, I always fancied doing a TBEC event.
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Snaf MKII wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:58 pm
A long time ago my son on the bike is now 34 :lol: but they were great events back then don't know what they are like now.
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

bill_qaz wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:36 pm
A long time ago my son on the bike is now 34 :lol: but they were great events back then don't know what they are like now.
Blimey that must have been when there were more trail than enduro bikes, the MX must have appeared to be a rocket ship. My better half Liz did some of her first enduros with TBEC back in the day.
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Snaf MKII wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:19 am
bill_qaz wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:36 pm

Blimey that must have been when there were more trail than enduro bikes, the MX must have appeared to be a rocket ship. My better half Liz did some of her first enduros with TBEC back in the day.
A stubble field missile and a woods nightmare and much frowned on by the TRF, so it was changed for
Yamaha.jpg
Yamaha.jpg (35.53 KiB) Viewed 2195 times
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

If it didn't have Yamaha on the seat, I'd have said it was a Husky. From an era when I had little to do with bikes due to business and mortgages which probably explains why I'm still in to the older bikes.
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

DT200? I recall hiring them in the Caribbean when we worked there (to pay my mortgage). Engine looks the same as Google pics but no USD forks.
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

It's a DT 200 wr trail bike version of the enduro so has oil pump and 2 stroke oil tank.
A Japanese market grey import.

Return to “WE LOVE PICS”