The Caucasus Mountains.

Post up pics of you and your bike. A place for members to get all arty farty, creative and, er, post up snaps.
captinktm

The Caucasus Mountains.

Post by captinktm »

The Caucasus mountain's in Georgia are a fantastic place and well worth a visit.
Attachments
DSCN9995.JPG
DSCN9995.JPG (162.13 KiB) Viewed 3837 times
DSCN9900.JPG
DSCN9900.JPG (169.67 KiB) Viewed 3837 times
DSCN0125.JPG
DSCN0125.JPG (219.09 KiB) Viewed 3837 times
PHILinFRANCE

Re: The Caucasus Mountains.

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Its on the list captin , hopefully next year
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

That looks like a great place to visit :D
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Wow that looks great. ... :D
AlanQ

Post by AlanQ »

That does look fantastic thanks for posting.
I'm hoping to head that way myself next year. Did you ride all the way? I'm looking at getting the bike shipped to Georgia to save me some time.
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

Very nice indeed.

8-)
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Great stuff. :D

:D
Will It Buff Out?
captinktm

Post by captinktm »

AlanQ wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:05 am That does look fantastic thanks for posting.
I'm hoping to head that way myself next year. Did you ride all the way? I'm looking at getting the bike shipped to Georgia to save me some time.
I live in Bulgaria so started from there. I have ridden from the uk and to be honest it's a horrible journey. So I started here then rode through Turkey taking in my other favourite mountain range the Taurus mountains. Then up into Georgia, then Russia and Kazakhstan both of which I did n't like at all so returned to Georgia. If like me you are a mountains man the the Georgian part of the Caucasus range is only going to keep you busy for a couple of weeks. There is a great route which starts from Georgia's western boarder and traverses all the way east. As for shipping your bike there is a guy here shipping bikes, well vanning them who is doing a good job. You could have it shipped to my gaff if you want and then start from here, we live about 200km from the Turkish boarder.
If I can help in anyway let me know.
AlanQ

Post by AlanQ »

captinktm wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:13 pm
AlanQ wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:05 am That does look fantastic thanks for posting.
I live in Bulgaria so started from there. I have ridden from the uk and to be honest it's a horrible journey. So I started here then rode through Turkey taking in my other favourite mountain range the Taurus mountains. Then up into Georgia, then Russia and Kazakhstan both of which I did n't like at all so returned to Georgia. If like me you are a mountains man the the Georgian part of the Caucasus range is only going to keep you busy for a couple of weeks. There is a great route which starts from Georgia's western boarder and traverses all the way east. As for shipping your bike there is a guy here shipping bikes, well vanning them who is doing a good job. You could have it shipped to my gaff if you want and then start from here, we live about 200km from the Turkish boarder.
If I can help in anyway let me know.
That very kind of you thanks for the offer :) I'm still at the planning stage but I think I'll most likely get it shipped to Georgia to hopefully give me enough time to get the Ferry across to Turkmenistan then head for Pamir and into Kazakhstan that way. Definitely any routes you can share for Georgia would be really useful. Did you ride solo?
captinktm

Post by captinktm »

Yes the trip was solo. As for route I am having problems getting my Garmin Montana to link with the pc. But I will keep trying. So you intend head directly east which I would say is a much better idea. I hated both Russia and Kazakhstan, one is just full of armed road blocks and the other is flat and featureless. But I am mountains man so Kaz was never going to blow my skirt up.

Return to “WE LOVE PICS”