Picos de Europa

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
Froglodyte

Picos de Europa

Post by Froglodyte »

Greetings, chaps! I was digging through my old video files and found some nice footage from my 2019 Picos trip which was not used in my earlier videos. I found these routes on Ride magazine web site where they have a few GPX files to download. This ride is from the "Wild Cantabria"route.
Please remember - some of these routes are VERY rural and as such, need to be treated with respect, as rock falls are frequent, as is a liberal distribution of cowshit in the worst possible place.
My apologies for the quality of the footage. It was filmed on my first camera - a cheap Chinese go-pro knockoff. The audio quality was terrible also - which is why I had to use background music on all the earlier efforts.

The image below is the actual road that I was on at the time. Hope you enjoy!

Scott_rider

Re: Picos de Europa

Post by Scott_rider »

Nice one 8-) .

We rode The Picos in 2019 and really enjoyed it. We also liked the area a few miles south of the main Picos, towards the town of Guardo .
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
ABRMAN

Post by ABRMAN »

Rode the Picos with friends on their honeymoon, 8 bikes in all. Shame I collected 2 broken toes the day before when in Portugal. Big, heavy adventure bike fully loaded, 2 up. Imagine the fun i had changing gears and stopping, it was my left foot!
gbags

Post by gbags »

Hi Frog,

Thanks, that’s a nice vid.

Can you show us some village names that made up your circuit? I’ll be there in a few days and would like to see some of those places.
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

Was in the Picos last week.
Attachments
76459009-3981-4FF4-8E0B-F088F5B4D487.jpeg
76459009-3981-4FF4-8E0B-F088F5B4D487.jpeg (253.24 KiB) Viewed 3957 times
Froglodyte

Post by Froglodyte »

gbags wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:37 pm Hi Frog,

Can you show us some village names that made up your circuit? I’ll be there in a few days and would like to see some of those places.
I downloaded the GPX files from the Ride magazine website:
https://www.ride.co.uk/ride-guide-to-spain-and-portugal

Can't remember if that road was on the Potes Triangle route or Wild Cantabria (think it was the latter)

Enjoy your trip!

Edit: just checked the link and looks like they have changed all the routes but you should find something interesting in there!
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

gbags wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:37 pm Hi Frog,

Check out YouTube for Richyvida channel for his latest Picos trip which should give some info
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.

Return to “VIDEOS”