Rear-ended!

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
OB1

Rear-ended!

Post by OB1 »

Well... this happened to me today and, for once, the car came off worse than the bike!

A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Godspeed

Re: Rear-ended!

Post by Godspeed »

Hope you’re ok!
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Godspeed wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:42 pm Hope you’re ok!

I was a little shaken for about half an hour after but I'm okay now.

I'll get the bike checked out properly tomorrow.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Horrible...but I'd take the vid down because it shows you'd stalled (still his fault, but could be used to apportion some of the blame your way.

I've been hit like that once on a motorbike and once in a car.

You may find you need new steering head bearings...you may also find your back is a bit sore tomorrow.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

the bike did not `stall` as you were not moving at the time, the engine may have stalled or indeed been stopped by you ( and some cars automatically stop to save petrol) .. but you are entitled to remain in that position, at the roundabout until you feel ready to go, or until your vehicle is ready to go.

a rear ender is most usually given fault to the rear vehicle, as we know from our eastern european, friendly, rear enders claimants.

the car driver, further more, has admitted liability by saying he thought you had moved on..... all in your favour for a no fault claim?
Last edited by garyboy on Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

+1 for taking the video down as Richard said. I'd delete the entire thread.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

the bike was completely stationary when hit from behind .. ie waiting to move onto the roundabout ... whether the engine was running is irrelevent to liability, being hit from behind .... is this not obvious?

even if the bike stalled in an awkward positioin or place, the responsibility is on the following vehicle to drive with care and propriety
OB1

Post by OB1 »

I won't be taking the video down as I did nothing wrong. The fault is completely with the car driver as he admitted. His insurance has already contacted me offering to pay for any damages with no need to claim on my insurance: they are admitting liability.
justrtw.com
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

You’ll have to notify your insurance provider that you’ve been involved in a no fault/ no claim collision. If you don’t you risk any future claim being voided as the feckers will use any excuse to avoid paying out.
If they load your premium next renewal time because of the ‘accident’; I’d go elsewhere.
Glad you came off relatively unscathed ( so far anyway)
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

yeah ... it is still classed as a `claim` even if the other person admitted liability, as He has claimed of His insurance ... and you will be classed as being "involved in an accident/claim, of any sort, in the last 4? or is it 5? years, irrespective of fault," and treated as if you had actually claimed !! (don't ask how i know)

unfair but ...

Return to “VIDEOS”