Yamaha RD250LC ring ding ding first start

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
adventure steele

Yamaha RD250LC ring ding ding first start

Post by adventure steele »

Hey everyone thought this might bring back some memories for a few people :)

Just finished the engine rebuild on my uk tie bar 250lc that I'm letting go to fund another Norton. First start on her rebuilt crank rebored top end done oil pump an the nos carbs.

An a walk around her

daveuprite

Re: Yamaha RD250LC ring ding ding first start

Post by daveuprite »

Lovely. Just lovely. Looks great, sounds great. And it's a Mars Bar too - my favourite. I've had a few RDLCs, mostly zinged up with Allspeeds etc, but they always sound nice on just the standard pipes - kind of deeper and more rumbly at tickover.

Enjoy - I just know you will ! :D Don't sell it !! You could have years more enjoyment with that and it's better than money in the bank by a long way.
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

Brilliant 👍 A true classic.
I really liked LC's but sadly never owned one, always ended up with Suzuki and Kawasaki 2-strokes. Getting high on that lovely smokey haze was one of the pleasures of 2T ownership, and the crackle of the pipes was aural heaven.
adventure steele

Post by adventure steele »

Thanks guys yep I'm gonna be so gutted to let her go tbh bit I've sort of committed now haha 😄 sold my gsx750e earlier in the year and now the 250 an my 350lc project are going the 250 is on the bay at 6.5k an im gonna look hopefully at getting a flat tank Norton from the 1920s which has been a long time dream. It does feel weird letting the elsie go though owned her for 15 years when I was on l plates learning to ride, in my early 30s now which gives an idea of how long it can take to source the really good bits like the loom etc an the nos carbs I've never seen another set of those. Was great to hear her fire up though!

Yep I agree mate i had other pipes on my other 250lc I let go which I used to ride alot an once I put stock pipes on that ai loved the tone and the performance to.

For anyone thats interested in costs doing one just in nos parts and engineering I'm up to 2,600 then the nos carbs so about 3k or so of expenditure really are not cheap bikes to do ^-^ least for whoever gets her it's just tyres a caliper rebuild an indicators now all the hard graft is finished.

Return to “VIDEOS”