An interesting result

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
Spike941

An interesting result

Post by Spike941 »

zimtim

Re: An interesting result

Post by zimtim »

Interesting
But my first thought is what was the mileage too first service, and how was the bike ridden during that period
I'm sure I could think and list many other variables that would question Ryan's result.

Nice surprise though to see the RE top the list
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

hmmm....back in the day (1970s and 80s) when I was PDIing new bikes, they were drained before shipping out of the factory, and refilled at the dealer.

My local dealer makes a point of saying that their PDI on new Enfields includes a drain and refill with Silkolene.

A lot of dealers selling Chinese bikes do the same.

KTMs, I'm told, have a factory first fill of a Motrex oil without the full set of anti-wear additives so the engine can run in. You can't buy this oil and you absolutely must change it at the specified first-service interval

Perhaps KevInYorks could clarify/elaborate.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

zimtim wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:15 am Interesting
But my first thought is what was the mileage too first service, and how was the bike ridden during that period
I'm sure I could think and list many other variables that would question Ryan's result.

Nice surprise though to see the RE top the list
I should imagine that the RE factory is probably the most modern motorcycle factory in the world. If you look at the 650 engine, the castings are lovely...they aren't lacquered, that's the real raw metal right there. It's a massive world-class company, not a tin-shed assembly works.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Obviously his sample is too small to be conclusive, but the new Enfields seem to have very few problems with the engines. Unfortunately the same cannot be said about the brakes, UK Himalayan owners are still waiting for new callipers to solve the problem of the original ones reacting to salt. Having had mine bind on several times now I would urge all owners to check and double check theirs. Also check the rear master cylinder as the boot perishes or wears allowing the ingress of dirt and salt which can cause the cylinder to stick.

Return to “VIDEOS”