80’s TV Motorcycles

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
MotoCP

80’s TV Motorcycles

Post by MotoCP »

Something to chuckle at over your toast this morning.

Asgard

Re: 80’s TV Motorcycles

Post by Asgard »

I wonder if thats where Suzuki got the inspiration for the katana?
Its a trick............get an Axe
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That was very funny. I was around in the eighties but don't remember any of those bikes!! (probably was more into girls then!) but i did like the James Bond low side slide under the truck then re flip back onto two wheels an continue on trick, must give this a try lol... Oh and Automan's ability to do on the move rear wheel pivot turns was particularly fabulous hahahahahaha....
Nice find Chris :D
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Excellent stuff. Definitely some ideas to be working on in our sheds during lockdown.

I really like the 'effects' used back in the 80s. We were either more gullible or at least far more accepting of film effects back then. The jet bikes start flying away from the grebo harley club riders, and suddenly next shot the grebos and their bikes are scattered around on the ground. Nowadays kids would feel pretty short-changed not to see the carnage actually happening on screen. Or you could see it a kind of endearing innocence I suppose....
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Asgard wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:13 am I wonder if thats where Suzuki got the inspiration for the katana?
Just what I was thinking Asgard. Maybe Egli were involved in the film bike too?
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

daveuprite wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:19 am Excellent stuff. Definitely some ideas to be working on in our sheds during lockdown.

I really like the 'effects' used back in the 80s. We were either more gullible or at least far more accepting of film effects back then. The jet bikes start flying away from the grebo harley club riders, and suddenly next shot the grebos and their bikes are scattered around on the ground. Nowadays kids would feel pretty short-changed not to see the carnage actually happening on screen. Or you could see it a kind of endearing innocence I suppose....
PMSL!!!!! Grebo! i haven't heard that since the eighties lol.... a fantastic description (only people of a certain age will know ;) ) but sadly one i feel will probably draw some woke attention these days... However im going to slip it into a conversation next week :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

:lol:

Slang dictionary Defn. (slang, UK, predominantly West Midlands) A greaser or biker; a member of any alternative subculture, as opposed to a chav or townie.
cozi70

Post by cozi70 »

I don't remember automan but the rest definitely in my memory.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

I wonder what the designers of these fantasy 'future' bikes would think of something like a present day Kawasaki H2 if you could transport one back to 1982 for them to look at?

Jak*

Post by Jak* »

A great find that. But as impressive as the bikes were, what about the riding gear. Sean Connery's suit looked great after sliding under that truck.

Return to “VIDEOS”