Long Way Up on Apple TV

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
OB1

Long Way Up on Apple TV

Post by OB1 »

I've just finished watching Long Way Up on Apple TV. It's a really great show that felt like it went back to the ethos of the original Long Way Round. Yes, they were using electric motorcycles, but you just have to ignore all those people who haven't seen it but make claims that a diesel van with a generator followed them all the way... The first couple of episodes do concentrate on the lack of available outlets to charge the bikes, but you soon forget that once they get into the journey. When it comes down to it, they tackled an arduous journey on a pair of untested Harley-Davidson Livewires that weren't even prototypes and the two support vehicles were the first two Rivian pickups ever made. Overall, I enjoyed the show almost as much as the original. I hope that this does for electric vehicles what Long Way Round did for the sale for BMW adventure motorcycles and the subsequent need for every motorcycle manufacturer to have an adventure bike in their lineup. https://www.longwayup.com

the-long-way-up-review.jpg
the-long-way-up-review.jpg (100.36 KiB) Viewed 1883 times
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Spike941

Re: Long Way Up on Apple TV

Post by Spike941 »

Don’t tell me what happens in the end. I’ve still got the last episode to watch. Thoroughly enjoyed it so far.
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

We watched the first two episodes yesterday. All OK so far. The bikes actually look quite good too.
Looking forward to a watching a few more tomorrow maybe.
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Im almost finished it. In Mexico now. Got to say I have enjoyed it all. As I have the Long way round and long way down. All great series IMO.
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

Can't wait to watch it. But it will have to at someone else's place as I don't have or want Apple TV.
Flipflop

Post by Flipflop »

Yes, we’re looking forward to watching this once we sort out how :roll:
HarveyCamm

Post by HarveyCamm »

I'm not sure I get the whole bus in Mexico bit! It seemed unnecessary and the idea of doing to be stealthy and then wanting to paint the logo on the front of the bus was just daft to me.
It was over too soon - where next?

Harv
OB1

Post by OB1 »

HarveyCamm wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:01 am I'm not sure I get the whole bus in Mexico bit! It seemed unnecessary and the idea of doing to be stealthy and then wanting to paint the logo on the front of the bus was just daft to me.
It was over too soon - where next?

Harv

Yeah... that was all a bit too A-Team for me. I was thinking the exact same thing as they were painting the bus: if you want to be unnoticed, you need to blend in! All in all, I thought it was a good series.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
DanielS

Post by DanielS »

A good series, we don't get enough motorbike stuff on TV :)

Re the Bus. They spent a whole episode on it "A-Team" Style as someone said. Then they hardly showed it in the next episode. all to drive through one(?) night. Seemed bizarre to me and also that annoying american grew a moustache in only one/two days while building the bus? Something odd there.

However, a good series overall, I didn't know about the Mongolian girl, that was lovely. Great scenery. Now .... to win the lotto! :)

Return to “VIDEOS”