Just for fun - how many lessons?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Bryn

Just for fun - how many lessons?

Post by Bryn »

I'm going to get back on track with passing my bike test soon, I completed my CBT about 6 months ago and then passed my motorcycle theory the week later...then I kind of ran out of money.

I'm hoping to start having bike lessons soon, I haven't got my own bike yet but I might just wait until I pass my test to buy one. When I did my CBT I was fairly competent at riding, the main thing I kept doing wrong was not turning my indicators off, but apart from that there were no real problems.

Just for a little bit of fun, how many lessons do you think I will need before I pass my bike test? I'm hoping for only 3, but considering I have completely forgotten how to ride a bike it could be a lot more.
CRAIGREVO

Re: Just for fun - how many lessons?

Post by CRAIGREVO »

You never forget how to ride a bike you just think you do.

2-3 lessons is all it should take. Just remember your shoulder checks, mirrors, & your indicators.;)
bandit1250gt

Post by bandit1250gt »

Totally agree with Craigrevo.

My good lady passed her CBT a couple of years ago, left it about 10 months and went for 4 lessons and then took her test and passed. The only thing she seems to be missing at the moment is her own bike!
MidnightSerenity

Post by MidnightSerenity »

Hey Bryn...I think 3 lessons should do it for you :)
McOo

Post by McOo »

Just watch lots of YouTube clips of rider mounted cameras while practicing on imaginary controls. :) Should help get you mentally prepared until your lessons.

Just stick to the hazard perception style ones!

[video][/video]

Definitely not ..

[video][/video]

Good luck
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

That TT video is pure dedication, he is on fire!:ohmy:
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

Wow...shouldn't have showed me that McOo...I'm off out to buy the biggest fastest bike available ;)
sallysbuns

Post by sallysbuns »

Hi Bryn, I did my cbt three years ago, I then did three days riding around blandford camp and dorchester, then i took my test. Stupidly riding up to the test centre in dorchester there is quite a lagre slope that you have to drive up to start your test there, on my last practice circuit i put my foot down on a manhole cover with slippery boots, ( The next picture is not preety as i was upside down like a turtle in the road ) :blush: :blush: :blush: And a very sore knee.
I went on to take my test that day and of course failed but two weeks later i was a fully fledged chick on a 600 diversion :woohoo: :woohoo:

Return to “THE PUB”