ULEZ Expansion to M25 August 2023

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
garyboy

Re: ULEZ Expansion to M25 August 2023

Post by garyboy »

Scott_rider wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:25 pm I would like to say that 'moody' plates would be the solution but these days they can pretty much track your daily movements in the cities via the cctv or anpr systems...and facial recognition.
dont forget your mobile phone (tracker) .. even when switched off, or google `location service` .

ps ... i got no idea how this ulez works, btw ... is it anpr gets your number and sends you a bill to your registered address? or do you buy before you enter?????
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

...the ANPR system collects your reg number and then you have 3 days to pay on line otherwise you get a penalty notice in the post...£160... reduced to £80 if you pay within 14 days...
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Scott_rider wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:49 pm ...the ANPR system collects your reg number and then you have 3 days to pay on line otherwise you get a penalty notice in the post...£160... reduced to £80 if you pay within 14 days...
Thank you, Scott.. always wondered.. lol, I should know, but always avoid even small towns, wot wiv all them sneaky speed cameras, lane restrictions, lights cam dangers, parking traps, huge fines, illegal or wrongful fines, racially discriminating victimization, and other killing zone implements .. o, and maniac drivers, lol
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

Interesting read ref real world use / range of elec car

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/moto ... ore-target
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

If you can get behind The Times' paywall, Giles Cohen has chronicled his disenchantment with his Jag i-Pace. Never seems to deliver the promised range, and suffers constant breakdowns.
He's selling it while it's still under warranty and replacing with an ICE car.
It might have helped 'save the planet' but it's put a strain on his marriage.
Ksithumper

Post by Ksithumper »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:55 pm If you can get behind The Times' paywall, Giles Cohen has chronicled his disenchantment with his Jag i-Pace. Never seems to deliver the promised range, and suffers constant breakdowns.
I think the unreliability has more to do with it being a Jaguar than being electric...
soho

Post by soho »

After losing TWO perfectly good 2013 diesel vehicles (as well as several older bikes) to ULEZ, I've now bought a new BIG 'ol compliant diesel !
Why ? I may have 10/15 more years of driving in me and I only use it for moving my bikes around and the odd long trip. Electric would have cost me twice the price + I like the idea of getting safely past Shepherds Bush without running out of volts, so I'm hoping this one will see me out ! :D I'm hoping my first electric vehicle (way down the line) won't be more than a wheel chair. :lol:
Richard Simpson Mark II

Ksithumper wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:47 pm
Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:55 pm If you can get behind The Times' paywall, Giles Cohen has chronicled his disenchantment with his Jag i-Pace. Never seems to deliver the promised range, and suffers constant breakdowns.
I think the unreliability has more to do with it being a Jaguar than being electric...

You may very well think so...I couldn't possibly comment!

The only reliable Jag was the one that was a Ford Mondeo with a bodykit!

The Jag on Inspector Morse was usually pushed along by a couple of burly blokes, they could never get it to start on cue.
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:01 pm

The only reliable Jag was the one that was a Ford Mondeo with a bodykit!

Was that the X-type? If, so I had one from new and did 50,000 miles in it over 3 years. A 2.5 manual. The only money I ever spent on that car was for petrol, oil, and tyres... 8-) .
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Richard Simpson Mark II

That's the one...sadly JLR lost interest in supporting it when they were sold off by Ford.
A great shame...reliable, economical (for what it was) comfortable and nice to drive.
The Jag snobs dissed it for being front-wheel drive...but many of them seem firmly rooted in the 1950s
I always thought it was a fine looking car, and a good example of how great cars can be built on 'common platforms'.
I don't see that it 'diluted' the Jag brand...people pay premium prices for Audis, knowing they are on VW/Seat underpinnings.

Return to “THE PUB”