Cold Weather tips?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Thedktor

Re: Cold Weather tips?

Post by Thedktor »

garyboy wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:19 pm
I am lucky in having good circulation, and rarely need more than plenty of fleeces and a good body warmer. etc.
in fact i tend to overheat ... I suppose all that gear i wear ....

Yes lucky! I have had to use my heated gear every ride for the last couple of months, but it works so well. It is interesting the change in your mental state when feeling even a little bit cold, as soon as you warm up again you become much more relaxed and alert.
- Steve

Southampton area

DR350, 349, DRZ, 701
garyboy

Re: Cold Weather tips?

Post by garyboy »

Thedktor wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:00 am

Yes lucky! I have had to use my heated gear every ride for the last couple of months, but it works so well. It is interesting the change in your mental state when feeling even a little bit cold, as soon as you warm up again you become much more relaxed and alert.
yeh .. I am like that when Wet ... get cold and disillusioned lol ... hands spitefully cold, face freezing from open visor (which `steams up`), groin sloshing in ice cubes lol, and tyres turned into my worst enemy lol. ..and whole body rigid with fear, apprehension, and permafrost,

.. then the sun comes out, the tarmac gets dry and grippy, the body unfreezes and the glory and majesty of a fabulous bike day arrives lol.

Return to “THE PUB”