Tax on electric bikes

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Jak*

Re: Tax on electric bikes

Post by Jak* »

I don’t know about 2-3,000 mile tours of Europe, I have just come back from a 4,000 mile trip on my Meteor. 14 days riding an average of 285 miles a day and about 85 mpg.
With regard to the cost of charging electric cars, all I know is that it is costing my wife less to run her MG5EV than her previous car which was a Hybrid Auris. It obviously depends how and where you charge, much the same as if you go to a motorway services on go a couple of miles off route to find cheaper fuel.
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

THERE ARE TO MANY PEOPLE ON THE PLANET….that ladies and gentlemen is the basis of our problem.

But, to try and ‘encourage’ people to stop making more people is a big Taboo. Apparently it’s everyone’s ‘right’ to have a baby….
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

OnHellas wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:15 am THERE ARE TO MANY PEOPLE ON THE PLANET….that ladies and gentlemen is the basis of our problem.

But, to try and ‘encourage’ people to stop making more people is a big Taboo. Apparently it’s everyone’s ‘right’ to have a baby….
Well said. Apparently, the world population just past 8 billion.
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Tonibe63 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:31 am
Godspeed wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:27 pm

Everyone will be wanting my Innova 125 then 😉
150mpg +…. 3000 miles:£170 👍
Does it run on cheap Vodka?
If only it produced it as a by product 😂
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Billy Bananahead wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:44 am
OnHellas wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:15 am THERE ARE TO MANY PEOPLE ON THE PLANET….that ladies and gentlemen is the basis of our problem.

Well said. Apparently, the world population just past 8 billion.
But big business needs more consumers, Governments need more taxpayers and the only people who really care are in the Countries suffering so called 'natural disasters'. Meanwhile the rest are kicking the can down the road whilst filling their boots.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
berin

Post by berin »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote:Mate of mine plugged his into one of those forecourt chargers...put £40 in. Got back in the car, went to drive off...saw his range had increased by an incredible 26 miles.

My theory is that they use discretionary charging...the charger 'sees' how empty you batteries are, and what the local availability of charging points is, then adjusts itself to fleece you accordingly.

There's a Guy Martin video on youtube where he drives some electric contraption to John O Groats, one of the chargers in particular absolutely fleeces him. At the end of the journey he calculates that his electric costs are more than he would have paid for diesel in his van in the same journey.

My sister has an electric car and has all but given up using her home charger it costs so much now. She's in the fortunate position of having use of a diesel car too, most of the time, so the electric car just gets charged very slowly via a 3-pin plug when the sun is shining and her solar panels would otherwise be 'exporting to the grid'

She's lucky if she gets 100 miles out of a charge now, even in Eco mode. The car has leased batteries, and the manufacturer says they don't need replacing.

So as things stand, electric cars are an expensive luxury. The don't save money, and they won't save the planet.

According to Emissions Analytics (the researchers who uncovered the original VW Dieselgate) the best new car for low environmental impact over its whole life is a small or medium Euro 6 diesel. The sheer size and weight of most battery cars outweighs any advantage there may be from zero exhaust emissions. Serial school truant Greta is best ignored.
A friend of mine worked for a very high level ESG consultancy called Xynteo. They organised ESG workshops for heads of state and fortune 100 CEO’s.

They did a piece of work, never published, for what was Statoil that said the most environmentally friendly car, taking into account tooling and production lines, longevity, etc, was a Jeep Wrangler.

Made out of iron on a production line decades old and most of them still on the road.

The most environmentally friendly car is the one you already have - just keep repairing it, and don’t cause a new one to be made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Dont worry, we will have a moonbase soon, then Mars..................... plenty more out there for us to fuck up
Its a trick............get an Axe

Return to “THE PUB”