Warning china rugged phones

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tramp

Warning china rugged phones

Post by Tramp »

Okay ...I've got a ulefone armour 14 with broken screen and a friend has a blackview bv6300....both bought from ebay uk with uk sellers

The warrenty is useless as they don't reply to messages and are in fact china based just a house fronting as uk seller..

I don't have a answer to what to buy rugged wise that can be repaired in uk...but china phones cant be fixed...they may last but apparently many don't.....so back to good old garmin.

Just my views
simonw

Re: Warning china rugged phones

Post by simonw »

Might be worth taking them to one of the little high street repairers and seeing if they can do anything.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Be glad...my sister found her Chinese phone was eavesdropping and transcribing her every word, including conversations she was having with people in the room.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote:Be glad...my sister found her Chinese phone was eavesdropping and transcribing her every word, including conversations she was having with people in the room.
ImageImage
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:49 pm Be glad...my sister found her Chinese phone was eavesdropping and transcribing her every word, including conversations she was having with people in the room.
Not just phones. I now make sure the microphones are turned off on my PC and laptop.
I wondered why after i was talking about some thing then sometime later there would be an advert or article appear regarding what we'd been talking about. Nasty, evil, bastards. Big Brother? Too right.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

It amazes me...a few years back there was an outcry when it was suggested that we might have to have identity cards to access benefits, health service etc...and now we all pay to carry a tracking/bugging device around with us with no control over what data it collects or who it gives it to.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Billy Bananahead wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:12 am
Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:49 pm Be glad...my sister found her Chinese phone was eavesdropping and transcribing her every word, including conversations she was having with people in the room.
Not just phones. I now make sure the microphones are turned off on my PC and laptop.
I wondered why after i was talking about some thing then sometime later there would be an advert or article appear regarding what we'd been talking about. Nasty, evil, bastards. Big Brother? Too right.
For sure, if you mention a product in front of your Alexa that product will surely show up in ads on your phone soon after. Personally I've decided not to care, I'd rather see a beer advert than an insurance advert.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
simonw

Post by simonw »

The problem with that is that you're not going to decide whether or not you see beer adverts or which ones you see. There could be the nicest beer in the world just around the corner from where you live, and you'll never know. (Obviously, extrapolate that out to everything else as well - goods, services, viewpoints and commentary etc. to understand the full scary effect.)
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

Facebook and Google do listen to you but you can switch off microphone permissions in each of their settings. Voice control ie 'hey Google' no longer works though.
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
Snaf MKII

Post by Snaf MKII »

If I ever buy anything from ebay and the business address is China, I check the GB VAT No and make a note of and check that address, The China address is a smoke screen that tends to make people go away with any problems. Better still don't buy from these people that offer no service.

Return to “THE PUB”