Is Nuclear War inevitable ?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Seminole

Re: Is Nuclear War inevitable ?

Post by Seminole »

I don't think its inevitable.
As for what would I do in the last 10 minutes, sorry can't even make a joke about it...I think I would just sit there in shock looking at the sky
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I was like that 60 years ago, in the Cuban missile crisis ... there are only so many decades that a person can maintain a state of dread and anxiety about Russian threats .. and .. especially when you pass a certain age.. you say .... ' "bring it On " you vicious counts, I refuse to submit to your threats any more'
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I am surprised and heartened by the strong response of the EU.

and by decent freedom loving people around the world.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Nuclear War? .. it used to be 'all or nothing', with strategic icbm's, but now there are tactical nuclear warheads that can fit in a 200mm gun barrel... so the old lines are blurred.. and Mr Putin has shown he is willing to back up his threats.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

johnnyboxer wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:56 pm Looking at the current European crisis and Russia have put their nuclear deployment teams on standbyImageImage

Do you think it will happen?

In your last 10 minutes before being vaporised - how will you spend it?

One last ride …..?
You probably wouldn't know they were incoming until the last few seconds and being vaporised is possibly better than some of the more common ways of going that I have witnessed ...... so nothing to fear.
Wether it happens or not I would probably be doing a normal job/chore/family stuff that I enjoy on any other day.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

In the 70s I worked for the local authority & our building had a warning siren on the building for the 5min warning, during one test the very attractive receptionist asked me what I’d do if it was for real, I said it would involve me & her & at least I’d go out with a smile on my face :D
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

If you said that in a local authority today, you'd get fired.

:D
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

lancashirelad wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:42 am In the 70s I worked for the local authority & our building had a warning siren on the building for the 5min warning, during one test the very attractive receptionist asked me what I’d do if it was for real, I said it would involve me & her & at least I’d go out with a smile on my face :D
What were you planning to do with the other three minutes?
Helicoptermanr22

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

Hmmm probably head for a rabbit hole in the middle of wales with the monkey bike!

On a serious note which it actually is, if Pootin did fling a Nuke im sure initially it would come from his Tracked launcher which is enough to wipeout Kyev but not much else subject to the amount he fires. at that point NATO would react with some FO versions and likely Wouldn’t hold back however doubt NATO would fling Nukes.
Im pretty sure NATO have the possible static launch sites in their targets already and are seriously tracking vehicle mounted launchers.

It does seem that his desires are being quashed internally and Globally so lets hope the paffoon back tracks very soon.
There would be no winners in a full scale nuclear situation.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Cockroaches and tardigrades and possibly some elongated crab species would benefit .. eating rotting radioactive human corpses .. then interbreeding to produce a radioactive beastie with the body of a cockroach, head of a tardigrade, legs of a giant crab .. feeding off herds of human zombies .. :mrgreen:

Return to “THE PUB”