price of petrol

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
garyboy

price of petrol

Post by garyboy »

ok, so its whinge time again ..
Last year i was filling my 14 litre tank for about a tenner .. £11 if a bit past the flashing reserve. At the start of this year that went up to £12 and then £13 .. ok.
Yesterday, i put in the E5 at £1.60 per litre ... expecting to be dearer but wanting to feed my faithful one the best.

FFS ........ £18.60 for a tank .. :shock: bearing in mind that that was from reserve flash to full .. so one bar short of a full tank.
so a dry tank would be £22.60, and its not a particularly big tank.

What is it costing you real adventure bikers .. you know .. peeps with long legs, big wallets and huge egos, and tanks to match, lol :D ..... (and great expectations).

and how long is this gonna last? .. or is it permanent?

ok .. so energy prices have increased world wide ... but why ffs ... dont tell me its `lack of hgv drivers` rollux .... there is no need for it ...
ok so vlad the Impaler has amassed tanks (with fuel tanks) near nato borders to enforce his price rises ... and that is fair enough, lol.
but opec (including uk) has increased fuel prices and reduced supply just to make more profits.
ok, we all know its a rip off world, squeezing the lower classes to pay for oligarcs opulence, but how long do you think its going to last?
will it get back to normal?????

I paid £130 (including £17 fitting) yesterday for a mediocre bridgestone rear tyre .. the same in michelin (pr5) would have been £177.
how do these oligarcs think i am going to keep swanning about irresponsibly on our beautiful Welsh roads.

o ... and that mister welsh drakeford wants all us welshies to give up our cars, take the expensive newly nationalised trains in overcrowding covid conditions, make no more new roads or essential by passes... and catch the FFFFukkin bus .... gasp ... cant write no more.
tell me everything is gonna be alright !!!
garyboy

Re: price of petrol

Post by garyboy »

O ... I just realised...
Those fukkin g7 have got together and decided for us poor bassards to pay for the pandemic through higher taxes, on higher prices, and through gradually higher interest rates.
That way the billionaires and big business will keep their off shore fortunes, and also make even more profits off our already laboured backs.
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

I would hazard a guess that those with much larger fuel tanks than your 14 litre example will pay exactly the same for their petrol as you when filling up at the same petrol station.
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

I’m not going to say how little my 300 mile trip to Barmouth cost me for fear of being beaten 😉
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

It costs around £40 to fill my GSA from reserve, and that gives me a range of 370 miles.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

A difficult subject, but for europe the main reason for increased ENERGY prices is Germany's failed
reliance on renewable power coupled with shutting down Nuclear reactors.
This has meant their demand for gas has increased, something that Putin is smiling about. (Nord Link)
We are also noticing it in Norway, seeing as our powers that be have built massive electric cables
to Germany and UK to export electricity and entered the european ACER bereau, our electric prices
have increased by 500- 1000% depending on the days demand. And seeing as all heating, cooking, and
everything is traditionally electric based in a household in Norway, good luck trying to save on electricity
when the temperature outside is 0 or less.
dodursley

Post by dodursley »

At our local petrol station E5 was 'only' £1.49 yesterday last week it was £1.51 past the peak?
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Yesterday I paid £1.62 a litre for Shell V- Power 99 Octane.
BP Ultimate super-unleaded 97 Octane is £1.57 a litre.
Normal 95 Octane is about £1.49 a litre, near me.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

Our Greener future is going to make us feel morally better people but much poorer financially. Everything will be more expensive pretty obvious really, motoring fun is going to be an early victim, many of the now young future leaders are unlikely to care about us loosing our enjoyment of riding through The Welsh Hills Gary. Enjoy it while you can. I know shit all about anything.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Talking to a farmer yesterday...he's been paying £200 - £250 a tonne for grass fertiliser since God was a boy.

His suppliers are currently asking £600 a tonne.

The escalation in gas prices meant it was uneconomical to resume fertiliser production after the Summer shut down. This also caused a shortage of industrial CO2 (the pantomime villain of the 'climate emergency'), and consequent shortages in everything from fresh meat to fizzy drinks.

It should come as no surprise to anyone that if you discourage investment in the production of vital materials because you want to 'save the planet' then the price of those materials is going to go up (see also cement). I'd be interested to hear from Greta and her fans how they propose to support the current human population of this planet without using artificial fertiliser or diesel.

Return to “THE PUB”