price of petrol

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
zimtim

Re: price of petrol

Post by zimtim »

Godspeed wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:17 am I’m not going to say how little my 300 mile trip to Barmouth cost me for fear of being beaten 😉
Chris we would never beat you.
Tie you down and shave you now thats a possibility :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

zimtim wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:10 pm
Godspeed wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:17 am I’m not going to say how little my 300 mile trip to Barmouth cost me for fear of being beaten 😉
That’s a very scary proposition. Without my moustache I look like a wrinkly ball sack…..
With it, I look like a wrinkly ball sack with a moustache….
🤪
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Some very interesting and knowledgeable replies .. thanks for that.

I will probably get out this afternoon for a few hours in the Welsh hills as advocated by Paul ... and, perhaps strangely, i always start out with the view that this could be my last ride lol .. which makes getting back home even better after a cracking day out from Welsh mountains or/and Welsh coasts.

My NC750S is the ideal bike for this, and I now count mpg more than mph.

I asked the question on here to see if anyone of you big bike word travellers had any vision of future travel in this overcrowded pandemic inflatory world of dwindling carbon sources of energy. Is it transitional or will the green world savers stop my personal selfish meanderings.

Talking of which .. when is the hair removing tie down event planned for? ..... Perhaps a special event for deserving public servants can be planned for next summer?
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Godspeed wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:00 pm
zimtim wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:10 pm
That’s a very scary proposition. Without my moustache I look like a wrinkly ball sack…..
With it, I look like a wrinkly ball sack with a moustache….
🤪
Given what Tim wrote, if I were you I'd be more worried about my ball sack than my top lip - just sayin'. :o
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:15 pm Talking to a farmer yesterday...he's been paying £200 - £250 a tonne for grass fertiliser since God was a boy.

His suppliers are currently asking £600 a tonne.

The escalation in gas prices meant it was uneconomical to resume fertiliser production after the Summer shut down. This also caused a shortage of industrial CO2 (the pantomime villain of the 'climate emergency'), and consequent shortages in everything from fresh meat to fizzy drinks.

It should come as no surprise to anyone that if you discourage investment in the production of vital materials because you want to 'save the planet' then the price of those materials is going to go up (see also cement). I'd be interested to hear from Greta and her fans how they propose to support the current human population of this planet without using artificial fertiliser or diesel.

Could be a very good thing, it might make them use the stuff a bit more thoughtfully instead of carpet bombing the shit so it spills into our rivers and streams

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-fertilizer

This research finds that globally farmers apply around 115 million tonnes of nitrogen to our crops every year. Only around 35% of this is used by them, meaning 75 million tonnes of nitrogen runs off into our rivers, lakes and natural environments. This is our “excess nitrogen”. It is quite staggering that almost two-thirds of our applied nitrogen becomes an environmental pollutant.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Image20211217_133202 (2) by gary boy, on Flickr

.. so I thought .. fukk it .. I'm off on the bike this afternoon .. and going to give it some gyp ... fukk the cost ...
got to the first real roundabout, and sneaked in on the outside lane, around a bus, missing the long line of traffic, gave it some beans and accelerated up to 50mph. Looked in mirror, I do so0metimes, and there was a jam samwich with headlights blazing rush up at a phenominal pace to catch me up ....... so flippn wot!!! ... i aint broke no efffin law!!! oi says I says to me .... anyway he went away when he mistakingly thought a was not a young hooligan out for a bad bad jolly time lol.

I had a new BT023 0n the back, and it felt good. the same on the front, but a different size, coz that's wot they do u know. But i had deflatyed it sos it matched the rear ... and it was peer perfect is was ... yup perfect..

some nice riding and curves and long enough straights that that copper would have loved to have been behind ... and all went reall really well. A bit cold but i had my waterprood jacket on for thwe wind. Didnt stop much .. just for petrol ... at glan usk ss .. where a mad woman driver nearly took me out as i stepped off the bike,m as she drove too fast too near ... twat !!! .... but i actually said n othing ... n o point ... can't educate lady pork.

got home, inner grin, put bike away and then heated up my prepared din dins and then a hot bath.

life is good ... fuck the world .... and i don't wanna get off ... not just yet.

checked the petrol receipt ... reserve to full ... only £15.60 .... uh?? ... wanted to check the price per litre but not on there !!! ... but i re,member seeing £1.46 (E5 premium) .. and thinking that must be wrong ... wot is going on???
Last edited by garyboy on Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

garyboy wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:29 pm
got home, inner grin, put bike away and then heated up my prepared din dins and then a hot bath.

life is good ... fuck the world .... and i don't wanna get off ... not just yet.

checked the petrol receipt ... reserve to full ... only £15.60 .... uh?? ... wanted to check the price per litre but not on there !!! ... but i re,member seeing £1.46 .. and thinking that must be wrong ... wot is going on???

Wot's going on is that you've just experienced the difference between price and value ;)
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

.. must admit, Tony .. I do miss the power and performance of a big bike
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

garyboy, I enjoyed reading that post...cheered me up on a cold, grey afternoon... :) .
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

great to hear !!! \scotty :D :D :D :D :lol: 8-)

Return to “THE PUB”